Mark your calendars for November

pam

It's now official. We are on the temple square calendar. The group I sing with "Sterling Singers" is performing at the tabernacle on November 24th to start of the Christmas season.

Come on out. I promise you won't be disappointed.

I just realized tickets are required and there are some restrictions to this concert:

Attendance is limited to people eight years of age or older unless otherwise indicated.

Wheelchair seating is available. Patrons who require such seating should inform Guest Services when they arrive at the event.

Patrons should not bring cameras or audio or video recording devices into the performance halls. Photographing and audio or video recording any portion of the production is strictly prohibited.

Patrons should turn off pagers, cellular phones, and similar electronic devices during the performance.

Food and beverages are not permitted in performance halls.

Patrons may not bring packages or backpacks into performance halls.

http://www.lds.org/bc/content/ldsorg/content/english/pdf/events/concerts-november%20-2012.pdf?lang=eng

Edited by pam

• 1 month later...

It's now official. We are on the temple square calendar. The group I sing with "Sterling Singers" is performing at the tabernacle on November 24th to start of the Christmas season.

Come on out. I promise you won't be disappointed.

I just realized tickets are required and there are some restrictions to this concert:

Attendance is limited to people eight years of age or older unless otherwise indicated.

Wheelchair seating is available. Patrons who require such seating should inform Guest Services when they arrive at the event.

Patrons should not bring cameras or audio or video recording devices into the performance halls. Photographing and audio or video recording any portion of the production is strictly prohibited.

Patrons should turn off pagers, cellular phones, and similar electronic devices during the performance.

Food and beverages are not permitted in performance halls.

Patrons may not bring packages or backpacks into performance halls.

http://www.lds.org/bc/content/ldsorg/content/english/pdf/events/concerts-november%20-2012.pdf?lang=eng

im puting that caluader

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There will be a string orchestra, harp, bells accompanying us. It really will be a great concert.

This will be our last concert for a year. Our much loved director is suffering some health issues and has to take several months off. We'll still do our monthly Sacrament meetings and a couple of choirsides...but we had to back out of another performance at the tabernacle in March.

And there was the high possibility that we would get an invite to sing at General Conference. But with our director's health, not sure when that will be if ever actually.

• 2 weeks later...

It was absolutely beautiful! So glad DH and I were able to come. I had to talk my husband into coming. He doesn't care for all the holiday traffic this time of year. But, we didn't have any problems getting into the city at all. We parked at the Grand Hotel (free), caught Trax, (free zone), and only had to wait in line outside the Tabernacle for about 5 minutes. DH loved the music. He and I both were so glad that we came. Some of the numbers brought tears to my eyes. The strings, bells, flute, piano, and organ music was incredible.

Hope your group does this again next year. I know I won't have to talk my husband into going next time. He'll jump at the chance.