Spirit World

shyguy

1 Peter 3

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

John 5:

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice.

Isaiah 24:

22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit (hades or hell), and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

Isaiah was not only called to preach to the living but to the dead also just as Christ did.

Isaiah 61:

1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim iliberty to the captives (spirit prison), and the opening of the prison (i.e. spirit prison) to them that are bound;

note: The phrase "acceptabel year of the Lord", and "The acceptable day of the Lord" in other scriptures is a reference to the attonment.

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord (atonement), and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Isaiah prophysing about Christ bringing the captive spirits out of spirit prision:

Isaiah 42:

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. (two references to spirit prision)

The early Christians also taught this doctrine. Eusebius in the 1st centry worte in his Ecclesiastical History vol 1 pg 47

"And I (Christ) made a congregation of living men amongst his dead men, and I spake with them by living lips: because my word shall be void: and those who had died ran towards me: and they cried and said, Son of God, Have pity on us, and do with us according to thy kindness, and bring us out from the bonds of darkness: and open to us the door by which we shall come out to thee. For we see that our death has not touched thee. Let us also be redeemed with thee: for thou art our redeemer. And I heard their voice: and my name I sealed upon their heads: for they are free men and they are mine."

Edited by Convert55