How may the world come to know that the LDS Church is the true church of Christ?

peteolcott

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None-the-less the Holy Spirit is telling me that agreeing to obey the Law of Chastity, the Law of Tithing, and the Word of Wisdom is wrong for me and I should not ever do this.

Between what he says and what anyone else, (even everyone else) says, I will listen to him. That is of course the way that it should be.

So what you're saying is that the Holy Spirit wants you to:

1. Potentially ruin others' lives, families, and marriages by mindless sex.

2. Cheat God.

3. Destroy your body?

1 Timothy 4:12

12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

These commandments help us to be an example of the believers. Otherwise, in regards to the thread title, how would others believe we are who we say we are - of the "most righteous church"?

But when one wants to continue arguing that basic principles we follow are not for him..then it becomes him debating as well. It's the whole thing about..when the church becomes the way HE wants it then he'll get baptized. Well it ain't gonna happen.

I keep saying the the Holy Spirit is telling me this and everyone keeps responding as if it is my idea.

Does this mean that everyone here thinks that I am the Holy Spirit?

Forgive us for being doubtful that the Holy Spirit would select you, out of everyone else in the world, for different commandments.

Gotta add this to the thread:

D&C 41:1-6

1 Hearken and hear, O ye my people, saith the Lord and your God, ye whom I delight to bless with the greatest of all blessings, ye that hear me; and ye that hear me not will I curse, that have professed my name, with the heaviest of all cursings.

2 Hearken, O ye elders of my church whom I have called, behold I give unto you a commandment, that ye shall assemble yourselves together to agree upon my word;

3 And by the prayer of your faith ye shall receive my law, that ye may know how to govern my church and have all things right before me.

4 And I will be your ruler when I come; and behold, I come quickly, and ye shall see that my law is kept.

5 He that receiveth my law and doeth it, the same is my disciple; and he that saith he receiveth it and doeth it not, the same is not my disciple, and shall be cast out from among you;

6 For it is not meet that the things which belong to the children of the kingdom should be given to them that are not worthy, or to dogs, or the pearls to be cast before swine.

I keep saying the the Holy Spirit is telling me this and everyone keeps responding as if it is my idea.

Does this mean that everyone here thinks that I am the Holy Spirit?

Nope, I suspect most just don't believe you. The fruits of your spirit are to apparently reject the commandments of God.

Now that is an example of the fabulous excellence and loving kindness that confirms for me that the LDS church is the one true church of Christ.

Except you don't believe in the Church...

You don't believe in a living prophet because you reject commandments.

Nope, I suspect most just don't believe you. The fruits of your spirit are to apparently reject the commandments of God.

As I have said before: (As the Holy Spirit has instructed me) the time for obedience is coming to an end.

The time is coming for the metamorphosis from the human nature into the divine nature will make obedience obsolete.

Edited by peteolcott
better wording

As I have said before: (As the Holy Spirit has instructed me) the time for obedience is coming to an end. The time is coming for the metamorphosis from the human nature into the divine nature to make obedience obsolete.

so... we just do whatever we want and hope we magically are exalted?

So, what does the Holy Spirit say about the rest of the Church? I'm just thinking that if what you say about the time of obedience coming to an end is true, the Prophet might mention it.

Or is it just for you? Are you like the new prophet or god-king or something?

Edited by Backroads

This thread is now closed. The question was asked how we could show people that this church is the true church of Christ.

We have answered that. Professing to believe that and then stating that following the commandments is not for him is contradictory.

This is an LDS Gospel Discussion.

End of discussion.

Hidden

If he is meaning that the time will come when we will automatically follow the commandments without having to think about them all the time... that's called building habits.

I recommend this book for further study on the topic:

Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Miniature Edition: Stephen R. Covey: 0048693408338: Amazon.com: Books

(And yes, he was LDS.)