Hwat do you think?

Vort

Thus "what" would actually be "hat", the "w" silent, and "when" would be "hen", and "which" would be "hich".

Now you're just being obtuse. I didn't say the 'w' is silent. Except it is in certain cases, such as 'who'. The 'h' is silent in Spanish, but this is America where we use it profusely. The Mexicans missed it so badly they decided to turn 'j' into 'h' for some unknown reason. Probably too proud to admit that we Americans were right. And don't get me started on why the Germans think that 'w' and 'v' are interchangeable letters.

Edited by john doe

Now you're just being obtuse.

Nope, not at all. I was being sarcastic, your judgement is a little off.

I didn't say the 'w' is silent. Except it is in certain cases, such as 'who'. The 'h' is silent in Spanish, but this is America where we use it profusely.

Yes, I recognized this after rereading your post, thus, my sarcasm fell very short.

The Mexicans missed it so badly they decided to turn 'j' into 'h' for some unknown reason. Probably too proud to admit that we Americans were right. And don't get me started on why the Germans think that 'w' and 'v' are interchangeable letters.

Now, I am hoping you are being sarcastic with reference to other nationalities languages. Why do Americans consider "ph" for an "f" sound? I wonder if other languages, nationalities, assume that is pretty strange?

If we recognize the "wh" as an "hw," as if we are blowing air, then the "ph" should be "paha", thus prophet, should be pronounced "propahet" ;)

Now, I am hoping you are being sarcastic with reference to other nationalities languages.

This is a joke thread, right? Why would any of this dreck be taken seriously?

Why do Americans consider "ph" for an "f" sound? I wonder if other languages, nationalities, assume that is pretty strange? If we recognize the "wh" as an "hw," as if we are blowing air, then the "ph" should be "paha", thus prophet, should be pronounced "propahet" ;)

When you get done explaining that to yourself, try explaining why the 'P' in Pfizer exists. I see no need to have that letter there, and it should be killed off.

When you get done explaining that to yourself, try explaining why the 'P' in Pfizer exists. I see no need to have that letter there, and it should be killed off.

I finished explaining this to myself, prophet is now profet, and Pfizer in now Fizer. Settled. :)

Americans should learn from Filipinos... where every single letter - including vowels - only have one pronounciation.

So... C is killed off. And so are X and Q. I mean - what's the purpose of the C - it's either a K or an S. It only becomes unique with an h next to it so then, why not just say C is for Curc... (church). And X, of course is simply eks (ekstra) or s (sylophone)... and the Q - Kween. Kwadrangle, what a waste of a letter.

Kindergarten English class was just plain crazy... A as in Apple... so then you pick up a book and read A lion's mane and of course ends up saying ma - ne and you're like, huh? You pick up a Filipino book and if you want to write mane, you write it meyn. Even 3 year olds can read it.

Okay, so Filipinos can learn from Americans too. How hard is it really to add the letters F, J, and V to the alphabet? Filipinos can't even pronounce their own country's name. There is no F sound in Filipino! So yeah, my poor mom has to work her tongue so hard to say Fifty Pesos... she ends up saying Pifty Pesos because she just can't work that first F in there. And long vowel sounds? Non-existent. So she would say Write it on a pis of pepar plis. Or, Plis eat your pis. LOL! And so yeah, we all bust out laughing everytime she tries to say bed sheets...

Edited by anatess