still another question about garments - for ladies primarily

Yehshen

Ladies - I have a question about how to get the best fit on garment tops.

Right now I am strangling.

I am overweight and carry my weight in my stomach. The ladies who work in the distribution center have measured me and measured me, and they swear they have sized me correctly. I think they are going by bra size (the fit there is ok but tight) but when I pull garment down to waist I can barely breathe it's so tight.

Do I

a. choose another material. Right now I've got Carinosa II (I know I've spelled that wrong).

b. go up one or two sizes (but then wouldn't I have gaps (fabric too loose near bra)

c. go to garments for pregnant ladies (same concern as b)

d. get custom made, and/or

e. get one piece garments (I didn't know they still made, but apparently they do).

I am overweight and carry my weight in my stomach. The ladies who work in the distribution center have measured me and measured me, and they swear they have sized me correctly. I think they are going by bra size (the fit there is ok but tight) but when I pull garment down to waist I can barely breathe it's so tight.

Do I

a. choose another material. Right now I've got Carinosa II (I know I've spelled that wrong).

b. go up one or two sizes (but then wouldn't I have gaps (fabric too loose near bra)

e. get one piece garments (I didn't know they still made, but apparently they do).

The Carinessa are designed to give a bit of squeeze - like lycra. I have the same problem with the bottoms - it squeezes my bomber thighs.

I suggest you try the same size in Cotton and see if that works for you.

The Carinessa II fabric is constrictive. Like the other posters have suggested try another fabric. My extra weight is my belly, and the carinessa fabric will ride up on me. You can try several different fabrics and see what you like the most. I do like my carinessa II garments, but I also like drisilque and the cotton ones. Many women like the mesh. I find it itchy, but I have sensitive skin.

Do I

I love the Carinessa II bottoms, but I only have one top in that fabric. In non-garment clothes, I wear an XL right now, about a 16-18. When they measured me, they said I should fit into a small Carinessa II top. I'm pretty sure I laughed in her face. I bought a medium, and it's pretty constrictive. I can't sleep in it because it rides up above my belly rolls (sorry...I know that's ugly imagery!). I only wear it with a few specific tops. I'd either go at least one more size up from where you are now, or go with a different fabric. Don't go maternity -- they'll just be tents! There are some tops that you can buy in a "long" cut, which will help with your belly weight. I like the Drilux fabric in the chemise cut, so it's just like a t-shirt, instead of having the cups.

Carinessa II are constrictive! That's what a lot of women like about them. They hold in my baby souvenirs. :) Try another material, I'd say.

Baby souvenirs? Lol!!

I love the Carinessa II bottoms, but I only have one top in that fabric. In non-garment clothes, I wear an XL right now, about a 16-18. When they measured me, they said I should fit into a small Carinessa II top. I'm pretty sure I laughed in her face. I bought a medium, and it's pretty constrictive. I can't sleep in it because it rides up above my belly rolls (sorry...I know that's ugly imagery!). I only wear it with a few specific tops. I'd either go at least one more size up from where you are now, or go with a different fabric. Don't go maternity -- they'll just be tents! There are some tops that you can buy in a "long" cut, which will help with your belly weight. I like the Drilux fabric in the chemise cut, so it's just like a t-shirt, instead of having the cups.

Baby souvenirs? Lol!!

Yeah. . . I'm almost down to my wedding weight, but this ain't the same body I got married in, I'll tell you that much! Especially after twins. :eek:

Thanks. :) We'll see where I am after Christmas (she said as she shoved another peanut cluster in her mouth).

PEANUT CLUSTER!?!

For shame!

We're having homemade pecan-pretzel-caramel-chocolate turtles at my house.

I might even break out the praline recipe later this week.

Peanut Clusters.

Such tales you tell!

I'm just glad you're not my home teacher, selek, because I would be ruined! That sounds divine.

Yeah- my Elder's Quorum President once joked that he and his counselors got into a knock-down, drag-out argument when they were working on the HT assignments.

So they called me as Exec Secretary instead.

Sorry to totally hijack your thread with my tales of Christmas treats and such, Y. :P

I'm not. I am unrepentant!

I'm going to have to put you on ignore for a couple of weeks.

If you think it will help...

...but that just gives me more time to plot, plan, and scheme.

I've been toying with the idea for a cream-cheese-strawberry or a cream-cheese-apple/cranberry tart recipe, each served with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a dusting of shaved chocolate.

Do you think that's over the top?

A baked cream cheese, peach-and-cinnamon tart served warm out of the oven and drizzled with warm cream might be less intense- and certainly warms the heart of a cold, blustery day.

Oooh! It would even go well with hot-chocolate and peppermint sticks!

The problem is that I have to finish them first.

The tart recipes are ideas that have yet to be realized...

...though they shouldn't take too terribly long to come to fruition.

Of course, with Eowyn, the poor OP, and several others howling for my blood, I will have to work in secret.

PEANUT CLUSTER!?!

For shame!

We're having homemade pecan-pretzel-caramel-chocolate turtles at my house.

I might even break out the praline recipe later this week.

Peanut Clusters.

Such tales you tell!

You are evil. I LOVE peanut clusters. Do you live close enough to me? :lol:

Two things...

1. I want all the recipes!!!

2. To the OP have you tried getting the tall size garments? I carry my extra weight in my tummy but I also have a long torso. I wear the dri-silque (however you spell it) in a tall size.

Good luck with your garment hunt. It took me years to find the ones I really liked.