What exactly is masturbation?

superslayer13

Masturbation - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

: erotic stimulation especially of one's own genital organs commonly resulting in orgasm and achieved by manual or other bodily contact exclusive of sexual intercourse, by instrumental manipulation, occasionally by sexual fantasies, or by various combinations of these agencies

In addition to the actual act itself, I would suggest to you that to dwell on mental images/fantasies is also an activity that is not in harmony with the gospel.

But let us clarify something: if a thought comes into your mind (and it always will), that's not the harmful part. It's what you do with that thought that is in your head, mind and heart. Do you dwell on it? Or do you do something to try to change the subject in your mind?

BTW, if you ask how long you can have the thought before it's a problem... it's a problem at the point you know what happened and you can control and direct your thoughts to something else.

This may be a weird question I know. What exactly counts as it? Is it masturbation if your body part is doing stuff on its own? Is it masterbation if you accidentally run into a bad picture(absolutely not on purpose) and start to get aroused?

How could you think this is the place for such a thing? Please show some respect for the type of site this is. :(

How could you think this is the place for such a thing? Please show some respect for the type of site this is. :(

I can't tell if this is for real or a joke. lol

This is very much the place to get information. If for whatever reason someone doesn't feel comfortable asking parents/leaders then I would rather them ask here and get answers then wander around not knowing. I have come to respect a lot of ppl here (even many I don't agree with) and if my kids felt the need to go to some random internet site for such answers I would hope they found this one over the many other places they could end up.

I can't tell if this is for real or a joke. lol

This is very much the place to get information. If for whatever reason someone doesn't feel comfortable asking parents/leaders then I would rather them ask here and get answers then wander around not knowing. I have come to respect a lot of ppl here (even many I don't agree with) and if my kids felt the need to go to some random internet site for such answers I would hope they found this one over the many other places they could end up.

Sorry for my age and idea of what should be discussed on a semi-religious web site. Why I am not thrilled that anonymous posters are giving advice on this, note the screen name "PaPa" kind of old fashioned. So I assume you think any topic is appropriate here? Not to mention, this as a first post...not buying it as a valid question.

Usually posts like this would be in a by-permission-only forum set aside for such questions. (Permission meaning you have to PM pam asking for access to the forum, along with a statement saying you understand that the topics are of a sensitive nature and that you are over 18). This is borderline for sure, and in light of the fact that the OP hasn't returned, I think I'm going to defer to PaPa and close the thread.