So does playing aeroplane

Bini

If children are being stubborn while playing aeroplane...pinch them gently.

The moment you pinch them gently, the mouth opens, and then land that aeroplane as quickly as possible.

Warning:

Pinching may result in other side affects: screaming, crying, spitting food at you, and drooling. Use caution when implementing this practice. 50% of children do not like this technique, the percentage may be skewed, however.

I hold no responsibility should you try this option...the consequences are yours and yours alone.

None of mine, daughters or son, ever liked being fed much. But then we never did baby food and probably started solids later than most, so they were able to feed themselves to some extent.

She is a self feeder but only with finger food. I have introduced her to the spork but she's not crazy about using it, especially, when she can reach down and grab whatever is in front of her. She's not a big eater, in fact, she grazes all day (a little bit here and a little bit there) and will fight sitting down for a proper meal. That's usually the situation where I'll try to feed her some bites.