Could this be an answer to a prayer?

Le_chocolat

About two weeks ago my friend Andres drowned. He was a really good kid, preparing to serve a mission, really righteous, etc. etc. He basically was just too good to be in this world, so the Lord took him out of it.

I have another friend who is in the same kind of boat. Really righteous, good, worthy, currently serving a mission, and has been through a lot and accomplished a lot in his short life. Lately I've been really distressed by Andres' death, especially since I was there for the whole thing. I've been having nightmares, and I'm always terrified that something is going to happen to someone else that I care about, especially my other friend since he is similar to Andres.

I had been praying for a while to receive some sort of assurance that nothing bad would happen to him, but I still just had nightmare after nightmare about Andres. But last night I had a dream about my other friend. I was with him on his mission and he was home sick. I came to see him and he started coughing up blood. When I panicked he assured me that he was fine and that it wasn't anything he would die from. He did get better in the dream and went back to doing missionary stuff.

So my question for you all is, does that sound like an answer to my prayer? Or is it just a nightmare like the rest? I woke up pretty upset by it. I didn't feel peaceful at all. And I have been sick for a while coughing up flem (sp?). Is it just a reaction to my coughing all the time?

Dreams are a personal communication between you and the Lord, however in some cases in scripture we recognize authorized servants who knew the Lord's voice could interpret dreams for others.

In light of Andres drowning, and your dream, I would agree with Wingnut that the dream is a by product of your own anxieties and how you are dealing with your friends death.

Where he currently is, he would not be bleeding. He would not be coughing. If he lived the life you mentioned, then he would be experiencing peace in Paradise.

I was once told, and I have discovered this for myself to be true, if the dream is from the Lord we can ask him for interpretation. If from the Lord, why would he hold back any interpretation if you yourself are living righteously? He wouldn't.

I agree with the others on this.

Was there ever closure for you on this? I think I found the story (in TX). It sounds extremely intense and tramatic, especially if you were there. But I could not find anything relating to them recovering your friend.

Have you been to any type of counceling for this? It may not be a bad idea. You have been through so much.

Good luck. Lien on the Lord and your fellow members. Your friend that is on his mission is most likely okay. The Lord will bless him and his family for being out.

He was a really good kid, preparing to serve a mission, really righteous, etc. etc. He basically was just too good to be in this world, so the Lord took him out of it.

Like pam said, sometimes accidents are just that. In my opinion being "too good to be in this world" is something the ppl left behind tell themselves for comfort. However, it can be dangerous and you are the evidence of that. It doesn't sound like it's bringing you comfort. I don't believe god takes ppl out like that. He needs all the good ppl he can get down here. Accidents happen. Sometimes tragic, horrible, painful accidents happen. I can't imagine what you must be going through.

I'm with wing on the dream. I think based on your anxiety, waking up distressed and the fact that you have had chest congestion the dream was nothing more than your own fears.

Our dreams can be revelation but more often than not it's our brain sorting out life. Our mind is very literal and child like.

I don't say this in a bad way but if you are not receiving counseling you really should be. This is a huge thing to deal with and it will take time and help from those close to you.

Guest Doctrine

Iam no dream expert but I do remember something I read, sometimes people in our dream are the way we see our selves, so the person getting sick then better could be you, you get scared for your friend and get sick, but then all is well and you get better.

Also to be worried about someone like a friend in normal. It means you are human not a robot yet.