Questions about SLC Temple

I'm making a quick trip to SLC with my 3 best girlfriends next month. We want to do an endowment session at the SLC temple, as none of us have been inside. I just wondered a few things:

1. Do they still do live sessions?

2. Are all of them live, or only some?

3. Should we make an appointment?

4. Is there clothing rental, or should we take our own?

I'm making a quick trip to SLC with my 3 best girlfriends next month. We want to do an endowment session at the SLC temple, as none of us have been inside. I just wondered a few things:

Yes and I love the live sessions

All are live.

No need for an appointment. Sessions begin every 30 minutes.

Yes there is clothing rental

I seem to learn differently in a live session than I do with the films. There have been things I think I would never have noticed about the endowment if I'd never had the opportunity to go to a live session. I think that is true of the films also.

I hope you're planning to see the MoTab Choir. In person it's really amazing and powerful. Thursday night @ 7:30 is rehearsal; Sunday morning @ 9:30AM is the live performance. (be there by 9:00)

HJ

I hope you're planning to see the MoTab Choir. In person it's really amazing and powerful. Thursday night @ 7:30 is rehearsal; Sunday morning @ 9:30AM is the live performance. (be there by 9:00)

HJ

Maybe we can do that before we head home Sunday morning. That would be perfect! Is it in the Tabernacle or Conference Center, and do we need to get tickets?

Maybe we can do that before we head home Sunday morning. That would be perfect! Is it in the Tabernacle or Conference Center, and do we need to get tickets?

No need for tickets; Yes, it's in the Tabernacle now but we'll be moving to the CC after Memorial Day. It's close enough that it makes no real difference.

HJ

All temples are sacred and places where Jesus walks but the Salt Lake Temple has some history and unique features. When you are in the Celestial room take some time to meditate. On the south side of the Celestial room are two small sealing rooms called the blue and green rooms. Between those two sealing rooms are a set of rather large doors without door nobs. These doors open to the holy of the temple and at the other side of the holy of the temple there is the entrance to the most holy of the temple (a place reserved for the prophet). You may want to prepare yourself for a spiritual experience while attending a session.

The Traveler

Incidentally, as you're looking at those three sets of doors: the one on the far left was originally intended as the sealing room for the living (the door in the back of that room goes to a small waiting area for families--my mother was sealed to her parents here sixty years ago--and hallway from there would lead you to sealing office) and the one on the right was intended as the sealing room for the dead. Except for the sealing room on the east side of the Celestial Room, all of the other sealing rooms in the SL Temple are later additions.

The main entrance to the sealing office is near the top of the grand staircase just outside the celestial room (this is where Lorenzo Snow saw Jesus Christ after Wilford Woodruff died, and was instructed to re-form the First Presidency immediately rather than waiting for several years as had been the custom). If you go into that office, you'll find a clerk on duty. Ask him very kindly and he may let you walk a little ways down a small hallway continuing on to the east. From that hallway you can see the back side of the stained glass window depicting the First Vision that dominates the Holy of Holies.

Edited by Just_A_Guy