The Gospel Of Jesus Christ

skeptictank

I agree A train. The interesting thing about salvation of mankind is that Christians generally believe that it doesn't matter which church or what belief you have only that you believe in Jesus Christ and you will be Saved. The Gospel of Jesus Christ on the otherhand says Straight is the gate and narrow is the way that leadeth to salvation and fiew their be that find it. Gods pattern for salvation of all men as revealed to his prophets ancient and modern is and has been the same throughout all time. The many differing views concerning salvation has come about through the limited perspective of the succession of churches from the apostacy from Christs True Church and the subsequant creed generated at the Council of Nicea. We need the Continued revelation and additional light to fully understand Gods plan of redemption. The world needed the Gospel to be restored to the earth.

Acts 3: 19-21 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ which before was preached unto you; Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Without it the confusion that abounds will prevent many from gaining the salvation promised.

Thanks, for the answers.

On Baptism: Jesus didn't speak English, so the words in Nephi are a translation from His original words. However languages change and even English has changed since the BOM was translated. So is it the meaning that is important or the words? Do you baptise non-english speaking people in English or do you translate the words into their own tongue?

Can you explicitly confirm that all non-LDS sacrements are non effacious?

I'm going to also post on the keys of authority but will do so on the open forum.

Baptism: Does the baptiser need any requirements for the baptism to be effacious? Is there any requirement of specifc place, type or words in ceremony?

Depends on whose baptism you want. :P

If it's Christ's, then the requirements would be those he set out. Does he proscribe the method, manner, authority, etc.? I believe he does.

Holy Ghost: What are the preconditions for annointing someone with the Holy Ghost? If they are not meet does that really necessitate that the person recieving hasn't really received the Holy Ghost? If so then were does the spirit that they perform miracles/ spiritual annointing come from?

Same as above.

But, there is a difference between the power and the gift of the Holy Ghost. The gift of the Holy Ghost as a full-time companion is via certain steps, but all mankind has the opportunity to be influenced by the power of the Holy Ghost. It is how we can come to know the truth of God as one of the Holy Ghost's main purposes is to testify of God to man to know the truth of Him.

Efficacious? :P

Depends on what the desired result is. There is a lot of good that comes from doing good things with good intentions. Does it give someone an ordinance by default? Can a law by fulfilled by accident? No, I don't think so. I do not believe a Jehovah's Witness, Catholic, etc. baptism has the capability of producing ALL the desired results a baptism by "proper priesthood authority" does.

Thanks, for the answers.

On Baptism: Jesus didn't speak English, so the words in Nephi are a translation from His original words. However languages change and even English has changed since the BOM was translated. So is it the meaning that is important or the words? Do you baptise non-english speaking people in English or do you translate the words into their own tongue?

I'm going to also post on the keys of authority but will do so on the open forum.

Persons are baptized in their own tongue. As far as the use of precise wording, it is the meaning of the words that is important. It should be noted that only certain priesthood actions require precise wording. Baptism is one of the few things that require such specific wording. The Lord's Supper, called The Sacrament by the LDS is blessed with precise wording also. Consecrating buildings or graves, blessing the sick, opening and closing prayers in meetings, confirmation, and many other things need only include certain points are maybe a certain phrase, but are not given any precise wording.

And, yes, English itself has had many changes since 1830 when the Book of Mormon was first printed, much of the text has been brought into compliance with rules altered in the English language since then, the vast majority of what the anti's point at as 'changes in the Book of Mormon' are such changes and what they often neglect to mention is the fact that every English book including the Bible has undergone the same changes.

Yes, all baptisms, confirmations, and what you would call 'sacraments' not performed by one possessing the authority are completely void of any efficacy. Now, just because a person is LDS doesn't mean they have such authority. Or even just because one holds a priesthood office in the LDS Church doesn't automatically give them the authority to baptize. I could go out and perform baptisms, but if they were not authorized by my Bishop, they are of no effect and the subjects would have need of rebaptism by those in authority.

Reason? The preisthood holder is a servant of the LORD who therein extends a covenant to the partaker of the ordinance between him and the LORD. I cannot represent the LORD and cause Him to be bound to a covenant which he didn't send me to so engage. This would be akin to me striking a deal with Iran, the US government would not be bound to any agreement I made with Iran if I wasn't recognized by the US government to make such an agreement. Just the same, no matter how good a covenant may be which a man makes with the LORD, if the LORD doesn't recognize it, it is of no use in establishing a covenant between God and man. The LORD's servants cannot go out on their own accord, but must be sent out by the LORD.

-a-train