Electronics during sacrament meeting

Backroads

BTW, for youth, I think my Bishop had a 'rule': Until missionaries around the world can use electronic scriptures, youth should use printed ones.

Rumours has it that the missionaries are going digital and that the announcement will be this upcoming Sunday. They would be issued iPads containing scriptures, lesson manuals, videos, etc. - everything they need for their missionary effort. It would make sense to do as everyone else are going digital now.

Rumours has it that the missionaries are going digital and that the announcement will be this upcoming Sunday. They would be issued iPads containing scriptures, lesson manuals, videos, etc. - everything they need for their missionary effort. It would make sense to do as everyone else are going digital now.

In terms of efficiency, it seems like a logical step forwards in the way that missionaries teach but I'd be cautious to be having an iPad or some other fancy gadget in my possession (as a missionary) in some more shadier areas around the country/world. I think whipping out such a device could very possibly make them targets.

A question - is it proper to study Scriptures during Sacrament Meeting? Shouldn't you be paying attention to what's going on?

On the other hand, I would like to read the hymns, the RS lesson, or Scriptures after I've received the Sacrament and waiting for that part of the service to finish. I feel silly sitting up front with my eyes closed and sillier staring at the ceiling or my nails.

My ward is too full of people who have to corral bunches of children for them to be messing with devices at the same time, so I don't see a lot of people with devices out unless the speaker asks the congregation to look at a Scripture verse. But then, I sit up front. Who knows what's going on in the back.