Patriarchal Blessing Later in Life?

How late is too late? Don't most people get theirs during their teen years by their father (or some other worthy Priesthood Holder)? I'm almost 29 and never got mine but I never cared. Now, part of me is curious what my Patriarchal Blessing would have said. Has my time for this just completely passed me? If so, then a Patriarchal Blessing was not something that was of real vital importance, it would seem. Insight appreciated, thanks.

I was 20 when I got mine.

Dahlia got hers much later in life (I won't give her age, but let's say she's past 29): http://www.lds.net/forums/learn-about-mormon-church/41107-preparing-patriarchal-blessing.html#post623061

I'd get it. Your posterity will thank you, and you may be curious about your lineage and spiritual gifts.

Since new converts to the church can always get their patriarchal blessing, I don't think there's ever a "too late" for them.

In my opinion, it's always an important thing, and its relevance doesn't diminish over time. I think it's customary to get it near the end of teenage years because that's the time people start making important life decisions. This time period of important life decisions does have a start, but it doesn't really have an end. ;)

Edited by LittleWyvern

Our patriarch gave a lesson to the young women in our ward and he mentioned the oldest person, either he provided, or someone he was familiar with, who received their PB at 72 years old.

The only time it is too late to receive a PB -- after we die. :)

When I was in young women, we'd inevitably have a lesson every year on patriarchal blessings, and inevitably, someone would always ask how old you had to be (or some variation on that). I always took very seriously the vague recommendation of "whenever you feel ready." As a youth, I never did, really. I never felt a strong yearning desire or need for it. I never felt like I reached a specific readiness point from which to work. Eventually, though, I submitted my papers to serve a mission, and received my call. I had some medical delays, and during that time, finally felt I needed the direction a patriarchal blessing could provide. I was embarking on my life, and wanted it with me. So, at 21 years old, six weeks before entering the MTC, I finally got mine. I don't regret waiting that long. If I had waited longer, I might have regretted it, but I'll never know.

If you feel a longing for it, talk to your bishop. You've been inactive for a long time, but you're making a specific effort to change that. It's an appropriate time for you to be thinking about it.

How late is too late? Don't most people get theirs during their teen years by their father (or some other worthy Priesthood Holder)? I'm almost 29 and never got mine but I never cared. Now, part of me is curious what my Patriarchal Blessing would have said. Has my time for this just completely passed me? If so, then a Patriarchal Blessing was not something that was of real vital importance, it would seem. Insight appreciated, thanks.

I was 50 when I got mine. By the way, the Stake Patriarch is the one who gives the blessing. You need to go to your Bishop and get a recommend for it, then set up an appointment with your Patriarch.

No matter what your age, the blessing IS of real vital importance. It is a personal letter to you and only you from Heavenly Father.