4th of July was great

jerome1232

I may get roasted a bit for this but we went to families house and I guess everyone around them had gone off to mexico for the good ones.

It was like a war zone, everybody was firing off some big rockets around us and I couldn't help but think, "What a more fitting way to celebrate than with small acts of insurrection, explosions, and something that sounded like mortar shells going off all around us."

Then we had some banana pudding cake and it was delicious.

A friend of mine organizes a big potluck get-together at a nearby park every year. Her husband goes early in the day to camp out at a pavilion, and everyone brings their own meat/main dish, plus something to share. We were going to go, but the night before I decided not to. It would have been smack-dab in the middle of my youngest's naptime, plus my oldest has a summer cold (again), and had taken a long nap the day before. Instead our nieghbor invited us over for an impromptu BBQ in her backyard in the evening. That was much better timing for us, plus a smaller gathering -- a few other neighbors. My five-year-old did sparklers and snaps for the first time and loved it, and I took sparkler pictures for the first time, and also loved it!

Posted Image

I celebrated with 50,000 of my closest friends including Kelly Clarkson. :)

Actually I had the opportunity to perform at the Stadium of Fire in Provo. It was a lot of fun. I didn't get to see the fireworks though as they were going off behind us while we were on stage.

I celebrated with 50,000 of my closest friends including Kelly Clarkson. :)

Actually I had the opportunity to perform at the Stadium of Fire in Provo. It was a lot of fun. I didn't get to see the fireworks though as they were going off behind us while we were on stage.

That sounds cool pam, did u sing??? Now 50k friends knew you were popular but not that popular. Who is Kelly Clarkson a famous LDS singer??

a few of our wards in our stake had our tradional pancake breakfast the men cook, the boy scouts do the raising of the flag, we sing songs, mingle and clean up and go home...afterwards I went swimming , then went visiting some newly baptised people, and in the evening went driving towards the beach to see the fireworks got caught in bumper to bumper traffic but had fun anyway.....hope u all had a safe and happy 4th of July.

Edited by Roseslipper

Well since Lakumi started the Canadian appropriation of the 4th of July thread....I took my kids to the only open beach nearby and my husband cleaned up flood damage with Mormon Helping Hands, then we barbecued and had ice cream ;)

Edited by Wordnerd

Well since Lakumi started the Canadian appropriation of the 4th of July thread....I took my kids to the only open beach nearby and my husband cleaned up flood damage with Mormon Helping Hands, then we barbecued and had ice cream ;)

that sounds lovely, I don't eat ice cream in the heat-it hurts my stomach :lol:

I really ought to get some fish and bbq it, any excuse is a great one for fish