Online Friendships

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Username-Removed

I am sorry I never meant this topic to become such a war with Shanstress and Wordflood. :(

Time for a group hug. :grouphug:

No problem here. It didnt turn into name calling, and in the end we found that we wern't that far apart and actually had some good common ground :conscience: (at least thats my take). I make no appoligies for what my beliefs are which are nearly always in-line with LDS beliefs. Afterall, this website is called LDSTalk ... :dontknow: Go figure :rolleyes:

So far I have ruffled the feathers to two posters, both apparently non-LDS people. :jedi: Perhaps I should simply create my own LDS forum???? :wow::excl: Just kidding ...

<div class='quotemain'>

I am sorry I never meant this topic to become such a war with Shanstress and Wordflood. :(

No problem here. It didnt turn into name calling, and in the end we found that we wern't that far apart and actually had some good common ground :conscience: (at least thats my take). I make no appoligies for what my beliefs are which are nearly always in-line with LDS beliefs. Afterall, this website is called LDSTalk ... :dontknow: Go figure :rolleyes:

So far I have ruffled the feathers to two posters, both apparently non-LDS people. :jedi: Perhaps I should simply create my own LDS forum???? :wow::excl: Just kidding ...

You shouldn't make apologies of your own beliefs. I definitely wasn't asking that. And I don't think it has anything to do with LDS vs non-LDS. The way I understood it, you were insinuating I wasn't a Christian bc of an opinion I had. That's never a wise move.

Guest Username-Removed

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

You shouldn't make apologies of your own beliefs. I definitely wasn't asking that. And I don't think it has anything to do with LDS vs non-LDS. The way I understood it, you were insinuating I wasn't a Christian bc of an opinion I had. That's never a wise move.

Really? Perhaps a good discussion for another day! I have enjoyed our talks. Thank you. Out of respect for the forum, I will let you have the last word. B)

• 2 weeks later...

<div class='quotemain'>

I was once approached by a member here on this board about possibly meeting her and talking to her son about my profession. I gave out enough details about where I could be found sometimes so they could anonymously 'check me out' without my knowing who they were. They could then decide if they wanted to meet me personally or not. I don't know if they came by or not, but I never heard from her about it again. Maybe I failed the 'scary' test. Sometimes I can be intimidating and unapproachable from afar to people who don't know me. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

JD Darling,

So sorry about that... I still would like to meet you about your profession. This are still progressing along the lines we discussed but not quite there yet. Life got complicated as I moved to George and I never made it by. I am sure you are not scary. :D Please keep the option open to us. I am back in Salt Lake Valley so it is more likely to happen. :)

Strawberry don't let him fool you. He's EXTREMELY scary and intimidating. I would think twice. hahahahaha Love ya john doe

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

I was once approached by a member here on this board about possibly meeting her and talking to her son about my profession. I gave out enough details about where I could be found sometimes so they could anonymously 'check me out' without my knowing who they were. They could then decide if they wanted to meet me personally or not. I don't know if they came by or not, but I never heard from her about it again. Maybe I failed the 'scary' test. Sometimes I can be intimidating and unapproachable from afar to people who don't know me. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

JD Darling,

So sorry about that... I still would like to meet you about your profession. This are still progressing along the lines we discussed but not quite there yet. Life got complicated as I moved to George and I never made it by. I am sure you are not scary. :D Please keep the option open to us. I am back in Salt Lake Valley so it is more likely to happen. :)

Well, we could still all meet at your work and I will have my son their to protect us. :D To anyone who want's to see a picture of Nick check out my profile picture right now. ;) He is the blond..looks just like his father. B) Better hurry though cause I change the picture often. :lol:

Strawberry don't let him fool you. He's EXTREMELY scary and intimidating. I would think twice. hahahahaha Love ya john doe

Well, we could still all meet at your work and I will have my son their to protect us. :D To anyone who want's to see a picture of Nick check out my profile picture right now. ;) He is the blond..looks just like his father. B) Better hurry though cause I change the picture often. :lol:

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

JD Darling,

That would be fun. Or Sweet Tomatoes while it's still "Strawberry Fields" month. haha I know I already mentioned that to you. But my work would be just fine with me.

Did anyone check out my kindo's?

Pam, what is Strawberry Fields month? :lol:

Selections to do with strawberries. Strawberry salad, strawberry dessert, different entrees that have to do with strawberries.

<div class='quotemain'>

sorry....where are your pictures?

LOL on my profile page. Just click my name and it will go to it. :) This picture is a little outdated though.... My daughter is the one in the middle and she is graduating from High School in just a few weeks. :D

Guest mamacat

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

sorry....where are your pictures?

LOL on my profile page. Just click my name and it will go to it. :) This picture is a little outdated though.... My daughter is the one in the middle and she is graduating from High School in just a few weeks. :D

oh cool....

they are so beautiful Strawberry....you are so blessed! :sunny:

Guest pam uk

Hi

Ive met a lot of good friends who started out as internet friends.

We are all Osmond fans so met through their various websites and then met up at concerts.

One of those friends came over from Canada to stay with me and another from the USA.

I know you have to be careful with giving out info on the net....i always told my daughter how she shouldnt meet anyone then i go and do it myself LOL

Take care

Lots of love

Pamxx

Oh golly, maybe it is really L D Stalk????

Alaskagain, that is great. :lol: Thank you for that.

You are quite welcome.

Although I would likely get along well in person with people I chat with online, I am very cautious about actually meeting an online contact. Words on a screen, they are easily written and can be easily misconstrued. And there really are people out there foraging for an emotional attachment that they can't seem to forge in 'real life'. Risky business.