What are good seats?

Bini

I'm not looking for the very best seats that money can buy. Just seats that are pretty good for watching a basketball game. Are the sides of the court ideal? Or behind the hoops better? I've never been myself. Can someone recommend a spot for two people?

j7vt3c.jpg

I don't know about basketball, but for hockey seats we like to get behind the goal that our side will be attacking for 2 out of the 3 periods or else we like to get as close to the front as we can center ice. But, the front of the balcony gives a better view than the back of the main level.

Edited by Irishcolleen

5, 9, 16, or 20.

Behind the hoop is cheap but I don't like it because if you're low enough to see good detail on the players, you're low enough to get that hoop blocking part of the action. And if you're high enough to see over the hoop, then you're too high to see much of the close-up action.

Even if you're in the highest seats on 5, 9, 16, or 20, you still have a good panoramic view.

5, 9, 16, or 20.

Behind the hoop is cheap but I don't like it because if you're low enough to see good detail on the players, you're low enough to get that hoop blocking part of the action. And if you're high enough to see over the hoop, then you're too high to see much of the close-up action.

Even if you're in the highest seats on 5, 9, 16, or 20, you still have a good panoramic view.

Thinking about 5 as I found some tickets at reasonable prices for those seats. I had no idea they got so pricey but then again, I've spent money on concert tickets but not sport events. Surprisingly, they are about in the same ballpark of $1K per seat for the 'good stuff'. (Which by the way I won't be spending..)

I'm not looking for the very best seats that money can buy. Just seats that are pretty good for watching a basketball game. Are the sides of the court ideal? Or behind the hoops better? I've never been myself. Can someone recommend a spot for two people?

j7vt3c.jpg

Been to a lot of pro games (Warriors) and I like behind the hoop if I'm high up.

If on the side, I like lower, but you are constantly swiveling your neck like following tennis!

Corners, not so much. Your perspective is scewed, and IMO it's really the worst of both worlds.

Sat on the floor once behind the bench, and while it's super close, the players were constantly milling in front partially blocking the view. Big $$$ for those.:eek:

I'm seeing that the 4 is almost adjacent to the 5 but how much further back are those seats in reality???

They're not too far. But, I don't get those seats unless there's no more available in the adjacent section. You're at an angle watching the game and for some reason, it seems like you're much farther than you would expect.

My husband goes to a lot of basketball games (Magic and Heat) usually last minute ticket purchases from Stubhub but now I only go to the ones where he gets those seats I pointed out. Interestingly, I haven't been to a Magic game since they moved to the new arena (they've been sucking lately). I heard that new arena is awesome.

Been to a lot of pro games (Warriors) and I like behind the hoop if I'm high up.

If on the side, I like lower, but you are constantly swiveling your neck like following tennis!

Corners, not so much. Your perspective is scewed, and IMO it's really the worst of both worlds.

Sat on the floor once behind the bench, and while it's super close, the players were constantly milling in front partially blocking the view. Big $$$ for those.:eek:

This was actually really helpful. I hadn't thought about your head whipping side to side like you're watching a tennis match! I guess we won't have to worry that much since we're not that close.

They're not too far. But, I don't get those seats unless there's no more available in the adjacent section. You're at an angle watching the game and for some reason, it seems like you're much farther than you would expect.

My husband goes to a lot of basketball games (Magic and Heat) usually last minute ticket purchases from Stubhub but now I only go to the ones where he gets those seats I pointed out. Interestingly, I haven't been to a Magic game since they moved to the new arena (they've been sucking lately). I heard that new arena is awesome.

Thanks, Anatess. This is my first time going but not my husband's BUT he doesn't know about this.. It's going to be a surprise. I don't have a lot of money to work with but I think I got decent seats. I ended up getting lower bowl centre 7 row 18.