Gadianton Mafia!

orrinjelo

================RULES=========================

I will be the Chief Judge of Zarahemla. No one disobeys my commands. I will uphold order and make sure that there isn't too much chaos.

We will have a Mafia.

I will notify the Mafia via PM along with the question "Who do you want to kill". The Mafia will then decide who to kill and PM me with their response. For example, The Mafia would pm me and say "I want to kill _______" <--- and he/she will list another player (anyone but me).

OK?

We will also have one person who is the Sheriff.

I would PM the Sheriff to notify them that they are the Sheriff and say "Who do you think it is?". That person then has to try to guess who the mafia is (hard to do on a first guess, its random). Again, this is done via PM to me. So they could say for example "I think it's ____". I will PM that person back with a 'yes' or a 'no' answer. Just so they know if they guessed correctly.

Now, when the round starts, THE SHERIFF CANNOT POST ANYTHING THAT SAYS "I am the Sheriff, and i guessed it was 'so and so' and was told I was right. The ONLY thing you can say is if you chose the WRONG person. For example ________ is the mafia and you as Sheriff picked someone else. I of course would have already PM'd you that you had picked the wrong person. IF the townspeople are all edging towards the innocent person as the killer you CAN say, "I have inside information that it is NOT ______". In other words you can defend an innocent person but you cannot point out the guilty one after identifying yourself as the Sheriff. Makes sense?

We will also have one person who is a Doctor.

I would PM that person notifying them that they are the doc, and ask who "Who do you want to save?" and that person would PM me back with a person from the list who he/she wants to save from being killed. The doc can choose to save him/herself, or anyone else (except me of course). The person chosen cannot die for that round.

There is also a mole to protect the Mafia person.

The mole is basically an undercover bad guy. This person will know who the mafia is and will try to steer all votes away from the mafia at all costs. The mafia will NOT know who the mole is, so the mole could be killed and the mafia would be losing their best defense. Its tricky and dangerous, but someone has to do it.

OK after after all four of those notifications have been done I as the town Mayor will post on the Public forum who was killed <---yes I try to be as silly and graphic as possible, get over it, its all in good fun . IF BY CHANCE the person who the mafia chose to kill was also saved by the doc, we would say something to the effect of "there was a horrible accident BUT the docs were able to save 'whoever'.

THEN its up to you, the townspeople (including the mafia, doc, sheriff, and the mole) to try to determine who among you is the killer. Basically you will post who you think it is.

We will get two defendents per round. They will have the chance to defend themselves (eg, _____ is being picked as the mafia when he/she is innocent). He/She will say something like "Umm, i was working late last night taking care of my mother I COULDN'T have been the killer" (or something hopefully more interesting). You as the townspeople (all of you including the mafia sheriff, doc and mole) will vote from that list of two, and the game goes on. If you voted off an innocent person, he/she is then dead and can no longer vote. Till the mafia is caught

Once you are dead, either by Mafia or by voting you cannot speak....you can PM me and I will talk with you but its not fair to the others who are still playing. they have to figure it out. DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

You are, however, allowed to play ghost. This means haunting people, causing mayhem, etc. You may not in any way, shape, or form, indicate your suspicions of the Mafia.

Just a few extra things to remember to make the game more fun:

You are setting a storyline...try to be creative...go places have fun. Just like you would in real life...well, back then--Zarahemla has a market, temple, government buildings, wells, etc.

So just remember have fun and be creative...and DON'T SPAM unless it's game spam.

Order:

One of you gets killed.

The others try to find a suspect and accuse..

When two people are accused and seconded they get a chance to defend themselves (time limit here, if we don't hear anything we continue).

We start voting.

Then we execute one of them or at least we try in the quickest and tidiest manner

It will most likely an innocent, so we repeat the process.

===========================================

Sign-ups:

Guest Yediyd

I'm in. Let's just make this our own little secret combination.

ok, I'm REALLY gonna show my ignorance here (and probably open up a can of worms as well) but, what exactly ARE secret combinations? :dontknow:

Sh...my locker combination is 1-2-3. :P

A secret combination, for example, is the Mafia. Some gangs could be catagorized as a secret combination. Some say the taliban was a secret combination.

Well, I know that the SS (the secret group behind the Nazi party) was a secret combination.

They lie, murder, steal, do whatever secretly to gain power over others. It is also said they make pacts to not reveal their plans and secrets--if so, they are killed by the group members.

Anywho....the list. :D

1. Mr. T

2. Yediyd

3. John Doe

4. Pushka

Lessee...with this simple version of Mafia (yes, there can be complex versions like the one I'm playing elsewhere), there needs be about ten to start. :S

<div class='quotemain'>

ok, I'm REALLY gonna show my ignorance here (and probably open up a can of worms as well) but, what exactly ARE secret combinations? :dontknow:

Start a thread on the question. You'll get the answer. In the meantime, secret combinations are the term for people who belong to secret societies to cause trouble. The Gadianton Robbers in the Book of Mormon were considered a 'secret combination' group.

Guest Yediyd

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Start a thread on the question. You'll get the answer. In the meantime, secret combinations are the term for people who belong to secret societies to cause trouble. The Gadianton Robbers in the Book of Mormon were considered a 'secret combination' group.

so. what's that got to do with a harmless game? The game is not to cause trouble...it's just a stress reliever.

Sh...my locker combination is 1-2-3. :P

A secret combination, for example, is the Mafia. Some gangs could be catagorized as a secret combination. Some say the taliban was a secret combination.

Well, I know that the SS (the secret group behind the Nazi party) was a secret combination.

They lie, murder, steal, do whatever secretly to gain power over others. It is also said they make pacts to not reveal their plans and secrets--if so, they are killed by the group members.

Anywho....the list. :D

1. Mr. T

2. Yediyd

3. John Doe

4. Pushka

Lessee...with this simple version of Mafia (yes, there can be complex versions like the one I'm playing elsewhere), there needs be about ten to start. :S

count me in twice...I'm big enough for two! :sparklygrin:

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

so. what's that got to do with a harmless game? The game is not to cause trouble...it's just a stress reliever.

It was a joke.

Guest Yediyd

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

It was a joke.

Sorry...spent so much time reading the snide cooments of antis and it's hard to tell who's kidding and who's being a jerk!!! I stand corrected. :blush: