The work is moving forward

pam

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-reaches-milestone-vietnam

In a ceremony Friday morning at the Church branch facility in Hanoi, Mr. Pham Dung, chairman of the Vietnam Government Committee for Religious Affairs (CRA) presented the official national certification to Church leaders, members, and friends. Chairman Pham Dung was joined by other members of the Committee on Religious Affairs and other Vietnam government officials. 

Eni Faleomavaega, the former chairman and current ranking member of the U.S. House Foreign Affairs’ Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific, sent a congratulatory letter, which was read at the ceremony. It expressed appreciation to the government of Vietnam and its leaders, with whom Faleomavaega and Church officials have worked closely. 

Find out what this means by reading the article.  It's fantastic news.

"The Standard of Truth has been erected.  No unhollowed hand can stop the work from progressing.  Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame... but the truth of God will go forth Boldly, Nobly and Independent... til it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every year... till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say: 'The work is done.'" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to every nation, tongue and people.

Does that include Micronations? Because Clovania will stand to simply spite that lol

I get it now...internet certainly makes that easier. Or does it mean like with physical people going there with physical books?

Does that include Micronations? Because Clovania will stand to simply spite that lol

I get it now...internet certainly makes that easier. Or does it mean like with physical people going there with physical books?

You can't baptize and set up congregations over the internet.

You can't baptize and set up congregations over the internet.

Very true, but the internet is a good, arguably a far better system then going door to door, I read it in an article that a missionary I believe said "people don't think who they add on facebook, they get real defensive when you go to their door"

And its true, most people have hundreds and its real easy for a missionary to just go up to a ton of people on facebook and try and spread the word and have some sort of system that could let the local ward know if they're interested...

I donno, but I am sure there's a good system that will either be thought up one day.

Very true, but the internet is a good, arguably a far better system then going door to door, I read it in an article that a missionary I believe said "people don't think who they add on facebook, they get real defensive when you go to their door"

And its true, most people have hundreds and its real easy for a missionary to just go up to a ton of people on facebook and try and spread the word and have some sort of system that could let the local ward know if they're interested...

I donno, but I am sure there's a good system that will either be thought up one day.

The work going forward is not just about spreading the word. It's about baptism, it's about temple work it's about a lot of things that can't be done via the internet.

Right now there are many countries that won't allow missionaries or proselytizing.  So it's also not a matter of letting the local ward know if someone is interested.  

You can do missionary work with the electronic media....there will never be a Internet Ward...My opinion

I agree but I still think the internet is a good doorway, arguably the best one-but you are right the internet cannot baptize, cannot enable you to do temple work, and be a part of it.

Closest to an internet ward I could see is online gospel classes type thing. You kind of have to be there for the rest of them.

I agree but I still think the internet is a good doorway, arguably the best one-but you are right the internet cannot baptize, cannot enable you to do temple work, and be a part of it.

Closest to an internet ward I could see is online gospel classes type thing. You kind of have to be there for the rest of them.

Starting next year the curriculum for Sunday School and Relief Society and Priesthood will be changing. It will involve using more electronic devices. The youth classes are this way now. Can't wait to see how it works. There are some areas that are already using this new system because they are Pilot programs.

Starting next year the curriculum for Sunday School and Relief Society and Priesthood will be changing. It will involve using more electronic devices. The youth classes are this way now. Can't wait to see how it works. There are some areas that are already using this new system because they are Pilot programs.

So does that mean people will need to own electronic devices in order to participate?

Forwarded it to your hotmail account

Thanks.  I looked up the article that email was referencing.  It looks like each month has a theme and they use resources found at lds.org for the lessons.  So I can see how having some kind of access to the internet would probably be a must for most.

Thanks.  I looked up the article that email was referencing.  It looks like each month has a theme and they use resources found at lds.org for the lessons.  So I can see how having some kind of access to the internet would probably be a must for most.

I still wonder what those will do who don't have those devices.

I still wonder what those will do who don't have those devices.

I have a laptop and a smart phone.  But I don't use my phone for any of those kinds of things.

I kind of skimmed so forgive me if I missed anything. Missionary work is highly encouraged for all members to participate in. Even if you are not currently serving as a full time missionary I know in the YSA I attend they share missionary moments during Priesthood. Some of the guys work in door to door sales and are very effective preaching via that route, especially since they are returned missionaries.

I see that all local missionaries have a tablet now to use to help preach the gospel online, maintain contact with current investigators and seek new ones as well via Facebook during down time. Internet is a effective way to reach out to a larger base, but in the end it is that face to face interaction I think that really counts. Well... obviously actually because the missionary will likely be the one baptizing you and possibly confirming you as well.

The fact that the Church is taking up such a big online presence though, especially lately, shows that social media is a very effective way to reach out better. It was a stubborn online missionary basically shoved me into the arms of the locals, haha. I will likely be meeting her this summer as well when she comes through.