Three Nephites And John

musashi

He he... I think it's true. They're sneaky little characters aren't they. The ones I've heard usually involve them doing some otherwise impossible task then only letting the witnesses catch a glimpse of their three personages, or else catching a ride with ordinary members of the church in their car and then all of a sudden just disappearing, like a ghost. ;)

If I had the power to teleport, then I probably wouldn't ride in cars much.

I had kinda the same question a while back

On study I came realization that they are as the angels.

29 And it shall come to pass, when the Lord seeth fit in his wisdom that they shall minister unto all the ascattered tribes of Israel, and unto all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, and shall bring out of them unto Jesus many souls, that their desire may be fulfilled, and also because of the convincing power of God which is in them.

30 And they are as the aangels of God, and if they shall pray unto the Father in the name of Jesus they can show themselves unto whatsoever man it seemeth them good.

3 Nephi 28:29-30

Does that mean they can teleport? Or just that they can turn off their invisibility to some people?

I take that to mean they work just like Angels do. Moroni is not here all the time so I think that they are "translated" (I don't know if that is the right term or not) and are here if needed and there is needed.

But Moroni did appear in a room and he did not use a door. :hmmm: so maybe teleport is a good word for it :D

• 2 weeks later...

I had kinda the same question a while back

On study I came realization that they are as the angels.

29 And it shall come to pass, when the Lord seeth fit in his wisdom that they shall minister unto all the ascattered tribes of Israel, and unto all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, and shall bring out of them unto Jesus many souls, that their desire may be fulfilled, and also because of the convincing power of God which is in them.

30 And they are as the aangels of God, and if they shall pray unto the Father in the name of Jesus they can show themselves unto whatsoever man it seemeth them good.

3 Nephi 28:29-30

I think you are right.. I remember hearing a story about some missionoaries who were trying to ride the bus. They were short or they didn't have any mon. I can't remember. Another guy got on the bus behind them, he took some money out of his pocket and said "here, this is for these two" The missionaries said the saw this man pull out a white hankercheif, he then suddenly disappeared. They said that the knew that this was oe of the three Nehpites. I don't know how ture this was. But I do believe this kind of thing happens and they show themselves to whomever they want. I am sure that they are doing missionary work all the time

Y'all need to watch the movie "Baptists at our BBQ". (Movie is better than the book!) That movie would 'solve' so many of the stumpers we have here at lds talk, lol. I'm not going to give it away, just be assured that there is a reason I brought it up at this point, ha ha.

Hey. I think of all the transportation laws that God and minions could access, I daresay teleportation would be 101. How about traveling through inner space or traveling through folded dimensions (don't ask me for definitions on either of those :sparklygrin: )? How about allowing all of the electron orbits of your corporeal vessel (body) to suspend for the amount of time it takes to walk through a wall (because without that orbital acceleration there is no such thing as a solid)? In the case of Moroni visiting in Joseph Smith's bedroom, I would not be averse to accepting a multimedia explanation.

Ha ha. You can tell I have some free time on my hands.

Y'all need to watch the movie "Baptists at our BBQ". (Movie is better than the book!) That movie would 'solve' so many of the stumpers we have here at lds talk, lol. I'm not going to give it away, just be assured that there is a reason I brought it up at this point, ha ha.

Hey. I think of all the transportation laws that God and minions could access, I daresay teleportation would be 101. How about traveling through inner space or traveling through folded dimensions (don't ask me for definitions on either of those :sparklygrin: )? How about allowing all of the electron orbits of your corporeal vessel (body) to suspend for the amount of time it takes to walk through a wall (because without that orbital acceleration there is no such thing as a solid)? In the case of Moroni visiting in Joseph Smith's bedroom, I would not be averse to accepting a multimedia explanation.

Ha ha. You can tell I have some free time on my hands.

My Seminary teacher told me something similar to that