What I've Done

AeonJ

I've grown to believe in the church first by having a curious nature, reading literature online, even anti-mormon literature, then posting my concerns about it to LDS on an online forum. Eventually I had a change of mind notibly when I got missionaries to deliver me a JS translation version of the KJV Bible. When asked if I'd join the church I decided "why not." I cared nothing about being obiedient to God but what I cared about was being on the right side.

What a fool I was. Even worse, I've now personally distroyed the spirt of a young LDS girl who thought I was her one. I however had to brake up the engagement out of the need I felt to finely stop kidding myself about living personal chastity.

Because, I didn't stop ahead and take faith, trust and obiedience into my conversion, I instead of building up a mate into exaltation, she is now inactive because of embarrassment I caused her.

I felt atheism was a road for me next, but I soon came to realize how miserable and worse that made me.

I literally have now a broken heart and a contrite spirit stepping back up to the plate. Long gone am I being the proud, and cocky fellow I was a year ago joining the church; no that person is dead now I live for Christ and not personally for my own salvation but to make sure his sacrifice he paid personally for my sins wasn't in vain.

I hope that I can gain forgiveness somehow for these actions of mine which has led to the spiritual death of a nice and loving woman.

no

Jason,

I think then, you now know what direction you have to go. If she will have nothing to do with you, that is part of your payment, but you need to step-up to the bat and be a man and extend as much help as you can. I want to emphasize that if she wants nothing to do with you, you can not force yourself on her. She has her agency and rights, but you need to stand and not grovel and bare your resposibility as a partner in whatever act was committed and respect the choices she makes.

Should you be part of the same spiritual death? No, but if she also wants nothing to do with the church, you can not force it on her even if you have found your way back. Leaving the church (if she did) is her choice after all and her choice must be respected. Only the L-rd knows what is in her heart. That said, you need to be there. Most of all, you need to work with your eclesiastical leaders on the path you have to follow back into the church.

Aaron the Ogre

Jason H is actually a real poster. I know him from another board.

And Ogre gave him a perfectly wonderful response to his situation. He (Jason H) had another post where he was somewhat sheepish about having his full name appear here, and I think he was reassigned a new screenname but not sure. I would think a troll would have a bit more experience at operating the registry board. Maybe not though. I don't know.

Jason H is actually a real poster. I know him from another board.

The response above about trolls was based on another post which has been deleted. Unfortunately it appears that it was Jason H in question. It was not. Sorry about the confusion.