Sharing with temple

Uhura

In Family Search there is the 'share with temple' option when you want to get an ancestor's work done.  After selecting that, how long should it take before any work is done.  I have some I've shared with the temple over a year ago.  Do I need to worry about re-sharing or contacting them yet?

I'm not an expert at all, but here is my understanding on this. If you are unable to physically go to the temple and do the work yourself, you can "share" your ancestors work with the temple in the hope that someone else needs names to do there. In a sense other patrons at the temple can help do the work for/with you. I believe the names simply sit on the "Share with Temple" list until someone, somewhere needs names. 

It could be a week before someone picks them up.

It could be 13 months, 2 years, 5 years before someone picks them up. 

They just sit until said time. This gives you the possibility that someone else might do the work faster than you can get to it personally, but not the guarantee of it.

Here is a link with further details. Hope this helps!

• 2 years later...
On 2/15/2016 at 7:55 PM, Uhura said:

In Family Search there is the 'share with temple' option when you want to get an ancestor's work done.  After selecting that, how long should it take before any work is done.  I have some I've shared with the temple over a year ago.  Do I need to worry about re-sharing or contacting them yet?

Women get done a lot faster than men. Women attend the temple a lot more than men do. Men do men and women do women. I have men that have been waiting over 10 years for their endowment.