Man From Missouri

flameburns623

Hello!

I'm flameburns623, 56 y/o married grandfather of two, US Army veteran (West Germany, Cold War era, '78-'82).

I am a "two-time leaver", who joined the LDS Church in 1979 and left in 1981 after being snowed under by anti-Mormon Evangelicals and Pentecostals.

I spent several years among various religious groups while I went to college. I rejoined in 1989 and was active for @ three years.

Then a ward restructure occurred at about the same time that a career change made Sunday attendence difficult. I fell into inactivity and although I periodically attended and sometimes tried to reactivate, I eventually decided to move on.

I resigned my membership voluntarily in 2008. I have been attending the Roman Catholic Church of my youth since that time.

Fo complex reasons I won't explore here, I have been attending Sacrament Meetings and contemplating a return. I have not yet met formally with my bishop but he knows somewhat of where my head and heart are.

We are taking time as I prayerfully work through the reasons I find myself at this crossroads and sort out what the Lord would have me to do.

Prayers for wisdom and guidance will be appreciated along with any welcome one wishes to extend.

1 hour ago, flameburns623 said:

I am a "two-time leaver", who joined the LDS Church in 1979 and left in 1981 after being snowed under by anti-Mormon Evangelicals and Pentecostals.

Prayers for wisdom and guidance will be appreciated along with any welcome one wishes to extend.

Currently in the middle of reading a LDS book by the Chair in Mormon Studies at Claremont Graduate University, CA called:
"Planted" Belief and Belonging in an age of Doubt

Brief Summary:
" For all its advances, our secular age has also weakened ties to religious belief and affiliation, and Latter-day Saints have not been immune. In recent years, many faithful Church members have encountered challenging aspects of Church history, belief, or practice. Feeling isolated, alienated, or misled, some struggle to stay. Some simply leave. Many search for a reliable and faithful place to work through their questions. The abundance of information online can leave them frustrated.Planted offers those who struggle—and those who love them—practical ways to stay planted in the gospel of Jesus Christ."

21 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Currently in the middle of reading a LDS book by the Chair in Mormon Studies at Claremont Graduate University, CA called:
"Planted" Belief and Belonging in an age of Doubt

Brief Summary:
" For all its advances, our secular age has also weakened ties to religious belief and affiliation, and Latter-day Saints have not been immune. In recent years, many faithful Church members have encountered challenging aspects of Church history, belief, or practice. Feeling isolated, alienated, or misled, some struggle to stay. Some simply leave. Many search for a reliable and faithful place to work through their questions. The abundance of information online can leave them frustrated.Planted offers those who struggle—and those who love them—practical ways to stay planted in the gospel of Jesus Christ."

Own it. And a couple others designed to help Saints in my place in life.

Thanks!

On 4/4/2016 at 8:50 AM, flameburns623 said:

Hello!

I'm flameburns623, 56 y/o married grandfather of two, US Army veteran (West Germany, Cold War era, '78-'82).

I spent several years among various religious groups while I went to college. I rejoined in 1989 and was active for @ three years.

Then a ward restructure occurred at about the same time that a career change made Sunday attendence difficult. I fell into inactivity and although I periodically attended and sometimes tried to reactivate, I eventually decided to move on.

I resigned my membership voluntarily in 2008. I have been attending the Roman Catholic Church of my youth since that time.

Fo complex reasons I won't explore here, I have been attending Sacrament Meetings and contemplating a return. I have not yet met formally with my bishop but he knows somewhat of where my head and heart are.

We are taking time as I prayerfully work through the reasons I find myself at this crossroads and sort out what the Lord would have me to do.

greetings and welcome :) will do.