When Cheney Was Rational

Elphaba

<div class='quotemain'>

My opinion as well. That's why so many have other opinions of what's going on there.

a soldier from this area came home a few months ago from iraq....he told what all was going on there....he also mentioned the account in the news that we get does not always portray whats really going on.

For good or bad or both?

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

My opinion as well. That's why so many have other opinions of what's going on there.

a soldier from this area came home a few months ago from iraq....he told what all was going on there....he also mentioned the account in the news that we get does not always portray whats really going on.

For good or bad or both?

for the good

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

For good or bad or both?

for the good

Hi Pale,

What did he say? Do you remember the specifics?

I'm really interested. I do want to know the truth. I don't just go looking for the bad. It's just everything I see, and I don't look at just the American media, looks so hopeless. So I would love to hear some positive stories that really make a difference. I'm very serious about this.

Thanks,

Elphaba

I googled Positive News in Iraq and found the following sites, they may not be good news from the troops exactly, but they are good news.

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/

http://www.kmax.ws/b/goodnewsiniraq.htm

Hi Pushka,

I'm familiar with Michael Totten's work, and will comment on it tomorrow. I have some issues with his reporting; however, the story you posted was really wonderful. I'll get into more tomorrow as I'm not feeling well today.

I was very impressed with Michael Yon's work about Baqquba. I found another story about it from yesteryday.

134 arrested in Baqquba. What's really important is the arrests were made by the Iraqi Army. That's huge!

Like I said, I'm not feeling well today and will get into this more tomorrow. But thanks so much for the links.

Elpphabat

There are wonderful things that have happened from Iraq. Here is one link and one story.

http://meredithtoday.ivillage.com/entertai..._good_news.html

Hi Pam,

What a bittersweet story of a truly decent human being. He was an incredible soldier, as I believe they all are. I could never do what they do.

Elphaba

I'm not getting into this whole subject. I just wanted to comment on that newspaper photo. That is the sweetest image. ...but it absolutely breaks my heart. Her parents were both killed? I wish that soldier could adopt her and take her home with him. What in the world will become of her and what kind of future will she have? :( Heck, I wish I could go get her right now!

Since this thread contains numerous references to soldiers I'm going to post a video from a real cutie who's stationed in Ramadi.

I already posted it in the YouTube thread, and didn't get political. But here I'm going to.

THIS KID BETTER COME HOME ALIVE!

Ramadi Ferggiie

Elphaba

Warning: One soldier says s**t twice. Nothing else is offensive. E.