Made me laugh. I feel bad... (not really)

NeedleinA

Two things that might put a smile on your face. 

1. I'm on vacation with my family, we have 4 boys. We make a pit stop at McDonalds. I send the boys off to the restroom while I order their mother a Mango Smoothie. Once I get the smoothie I head to the restroom to collect my boys. A few of them run past me back to the car. I don't really see who or how many. I enter the bathroom to find no one just standing there, except a closed door to the actual sit down toilet. I say in a deep dad authoritative let's go voice, "Who's still in here?" 

A crackly old man's voice responds, "It's (grown) me (grown) Marv Murphyyyy". I instantly exit the bathroom almost spitting Mango Smoothie out my nose before "Marv Murphy" could give me his address and phone number too. We all jumped into the van and laughed our guts out. To this day, a year later, the name Marv Murphy puts a smile on our face. 

2. This is not sanctioned by the Church and is not gospel advice, but made me pause and look over to watch my kid's reaction. Watching "The Spy Next Door" (older Jackie Chan movie) with my two older boys the other night. Jackie Chan has a girlfriend and he wants to marry her. His buddy gives him marriage advice:

" Oh, heck, man, don't get married. Just find some woman that you're gonna hate in five years and give her your house"

Edited by NeedleinA

5 minutes ago, Maureen said:

Hey NeedleinA, my only question for 1. is - if it's 'their mother's' smoothie, why are you drinking it? ?

M.

That is my Mafioso "cut" of the deal. I take everyone inside and do the work while she gets to chill in the car relaxed... I'm entitled to several "taste tests":D

2 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

That is my Mafioso "cut" of the deal. I take everyone inside and do the work while she gets to chill in the car relaxed... I'm entitled to several "taste tests":D

Your approach is wholly wrong: it's sick and immoral.

Now, we want your wife to enjoy her smoothie, don't we? And is it not your duty to protect her? So, it's not wrong, it's not sick, and it's not immoral for you to perform quality control to assure the proper drink gets to her, and to prove that it is not poisoned or otherwise tainted.

Lehi

33 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

So, it's not wrong, it's not sick, and it's not immoral for you to perform quality control to assure the proper drink gets to her, and to prove that it is not poisoned or otherwise tainted.

Yes Lehi! That is exactly my definition of Mafioso cut = quality control!