Funny VT/HT experiences

My "NyQuil" memory from another thread reminded me of something else kind of funny.

Last month I was getting ready to go visiting teaching, and fighting a days-long headache (as is happening way too often lately). I can't have NSAIDS anymore, so I pulled out my ziploc of loose headache medicine from girls' camp and took a couple of Tylenol. As I sat through my first appointment, I got really, really dizzy and sick. I was having a really hard time concentrating on the conversation. Then I had to pick my kids up from Kindergarten, and got sicker and dizzier with every passing minute. I had to fight myself to stay awake and alert on the 10 minute drive home. I called my husband and told him that I was so sick and didn't know what was wrong. He met me in the driveway and helped me up to bed where I slept the rest of the day.

Later when I awoke and was feeling better, it occurred to me that I didn't just have Tylenol in that bag, but a few Norco pills in case I got a bad migraine at camp. Usually I'll take 1/2, or a whole if it's really terrible. I took 2 before I went visiting teaching. I totally went visiting teaching high. 

Yes, I learned from it... no more loose med bags, and I should have had my husband come drive us home. 

Another time I went VT, the lady's husband came in and sat next to me on the couch and started chatting. The lady told him I was there for her, and they proceeded to get in a yell match over who got to talk with me. I've never been fought over. It wasn't as cool as one might think.

Edited by Eowyn

I was watching the news once, a few years back, and they were having some health segment about something I don't remember.  But I do remember that the doctor-consultant said there had actually been no studies done on whether we really needed 2 pain killers or if 1 would do the job just as well.  Ever since then, I take only 1, and it's almost always enough.  Go figure.

Sorry, can't think of any funny HT/VT experiences off the top of my head.  Maybe I'll try to cause one next time my HTers come...