Pres Monson, why he is great!

Sunday21

President Monson is an exceptional person – one of many that have come to earth as a mortal.  I realize that the mantel of Prophet is an exceptional heavy burden to have been given.  That he has taken that burden – all by itself – is enough that we should honor him.  There are many good people that deserve our honor as well – many serve calling of lesser burdens in our wards and stakes – even homes – throughout the world. 

Present Monson has established a level of devotion and performance that is difficult for anyone to match and with his increasing age and health problems impossible for him to maintain.  I am sure some will become concerned and critical that his contribution seems to be dwindling.  But I am the more impressed that despite his struggles – he still gives what he can.  For me that is the true mentality of a prophet – and a saint of G-d (which we all are).

As my Father aged – this once great (even physically and economically powerful) person lie, confined to his bed completely dependent on those that served him.  I was among those (with my siblings) that gave of our time to care for him that had cared and provided so much for others.  I had helped him eat his dinner and prepared him for the night.  I then assisted him with his evening prayer when he desired to whisper something private to me.  As I leaned over to hear him he took me in his arms and hugged me, then gave me a kiss with tears in his eyes and said he was proud of me.  This was the only hug, kiss and utterance of pride I ever received from my father.  The spirit gave witness that this was the last and only gift left he could give me.  I believe that President Monson – like my father will give all he has in love to his G-d and the people of the Church to the end of his life.  An example of enduring to the end for all of us.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

Guest MormonGator
On November 2, 2016 at 10:06 AM, pam said:

I finished his biography a couple of months ago.  What an amazing life he has led.  It's hard to believe that one person has accomplished so much in a lifetime.

What do President Monson and Mike Tyson have in common? 

A: They both have at one point in their lives raised pigeons. 

3 hours ago, Traveler said:

President Monson is an exceptional person – one of many that have come to earth as a mortal.  I realize that the mantel of Prophet is an exceptional heavy burden to have been given.  That he has taken that burden – all by itself – is enough that we should honor him.  There are many good people that deserve our honor as well – many serve calling of lesser burdens in our wards and stakes – even homes – throughout the world. 

I believe that President Monson – like my father will give all he has in love to his G-d and the people of the Church to the end of his life.  An example of enduring to the end for all of us.

The Traveler

This is a beautiful tribute. Thank you,

3 hours ago, MormonGator said:

What do President Monson and Mike Tyson have in common? 

A: They both have at one point in their lives raised pigeons. 

President Monson still has his hands into raising pigeons a little.  Though it's mainly his son that has taken it over.

Guest MormonGator
16 minutes ago, pam said:

President Monson still has his hands into raising pigeons a little.  Though it's mainly his son that has taken it over.

It's interesting to think that the prophet/apostles have hobbies. They are normal people like you or I after all-but simply their time constraints alone must be demanding. 

Just thought I would let the forum know that several of my friends (LDS of course) say that I have something in common with President Monson -- We have both gone about as far in the church as we going to go.  :)

The Traveler