Home Teaching someone who doesn't want it

Back when I was recently separated, then divorced from non-member husband - I would invite my HT/VT husband/wife over for dinner, along with the missionaries and one other couple. Yes I was on a real fixed budget, but Father made sure there was plenty of food in the house that I knew how to tastily prepare, without it breaking the bank account.

Often the extra couple were in-active members that HT/VT knew, investigators the missionaries knew, or an active couple from the Branch that I wished to know better.

Hubby #2 doesn't seem that responsive to having other couples over for dinner. BUT then I could be totally misreading his unsaid thoughts. Since my house is now 85% clutter free, and there is less stress I am going through in preparing large meals - I guess I will approach him again about inviting his HT families over for dinner. One family at a time. There are two families who just might accept.

Also Hubby has suggested several times that he would like to invite our HT and his family over to help us eat the Turducken that his Good Brother gave us for Christmas. It is 22 pounds and Infinitely More than we could even consume in a month!! He and our HT, HT's Wife and two teen sons can eat the Turducken, I'll eat chicken breast, mashed spuds and fresh veggies. That little bit of duck makes that entire 22 pounds of bird and corn meal dressing WAY TOO MUCH FAT for me.