177th Semiannual General Conference

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div class='quotemain'>

I understand that you were once LDS, Jason. If so, are you one of those folks that President Hinckley was referring to when he said, "some people can leave the Church, but they can't leave it alone"?

How original. :wacko:

Perhaps, but I'm new here and that's something I wanted to know. Should I take your answer as a "yes" or a "no"?

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

I understand that you were once LDS, Jason. If so, are you one of those folks that President Hinckley was referring to when he said, "some people can leave the Church, but they can't leave it alone"?

Perhaps, but I'm new here and that's something I wanted to know. Should I take your answer as a "yes" or a "no"?

I usually reply to that question with my own: "Why is it when someone joins the church, they can't leave the rest of us alone?"

Well, 3/5ths of Conference is over and I have yet to hear a talk on Adam-God, the Divine Feminine, Women holding the PH, nothing at all like that. Seemed strange to me, seeing how that is all that has been on the boards lately, I figured that someone had the inside scoop. Well, there are still 2 more sessions, I'm sure that something will come up.

The news conference today introducing Pres Eyring and Elder Cook was interesting, and the way that Pres Eyring handled the question about same sex attraction and marriage was, I think, brilliant. I don't know who the reporter was, what his purpose was, etc., but Pres Eyring's answer of 'the church has issued statements regarding that and I couldn't add anything more to it' was spot on. I also appreciated the way he was generous to that reporter, and made sure to show his appreciation for his question, but then answer with, basically, 'we've already stated this'.

Maybe that would work well here? Seems that there has been a lot of dead horse beating going on here regarding things that have already been answered, and who are we to add to what the church's official stance is?

This conference has been teh best yet. The talks have been wonderful, the spirit just as great.

I usually reply to that question with my own: "Why is it when someone joins the church, they can't leave the rest of us alone?"

We interupt this program for station identification. You are tuned in to www.ldstalk.com....

...in other words, not www.liberalcatholictalk.com

Thankyou. And now back to our program.

<div class='quotemain'>

Are you saying that you wish to be left alone?

Well, 3/5ths of Conference is over and I have yet to hear a talk on Adam-God, the Divine Feminine, Women holding the PH, nothing at all like that. Seemed strange to me, seeing how that is all that has been on the boards lately, I figured that someone had the inside scoop. Well, there are still 2 more sessions, I'm sure that something will come up.

Yes, I just got home from conference myself. One would think that if any of those topics above were something anyone was worried about, that they would have been brought up in the Priesthood Session. By the way, we had a chapel full and came close to having to open the curtians. There are three Wards in our building. And the rootbeer floats after this session were very good too, as usual.

No really. I think I could improve the general spirituality of the Missionaries, and improve their effectiveness at teaching and conversions were I put in.

Would we be teaching LDS doctrine or Catholic doctrine Jason?

There are three Wards in our building. And the rootbeer floats after this session were very good too, as usual.

We had a potluck. Someone brought venison stew, someone some Italian dish. I brought some burn-all-night-in-your-gut chili (that's how you know it was good!) that made everyone that had it sweat like a hog.

I like getting together with the brethren of the church. There is a comraderie among PH holders that is unique.

We had a potluck. Someone brought venison stew, someone some Italian dish. I brought some burn-all-night-in-your-gut chili (that's how you know it was good!) that made everyone that had it sweat like a hog.

I like getting together with the brethren of the church. There is a comraderie among PH holders that is unique.

I suspect you're feeling your "divine male" when you get together with your fellow PH holders. :D

Elphaba

P.S. It's a joke.

<div class='quotemain'>

No really. I think I could improve the general spirituality of the Missionaries, and improve their effectiveness at teaching and conversions were I put in.

Would we be teaching LDS doctrine or Catholic doctrine Jason?

I could do it with only LDS doctrine. But tis not to be.

Are you saying that you wish to be left alone?

if he really wanted to be left alone he wouldn't be here

Conference was great today.....enjoyed it and the Choir was awesome

I was able to see all 5 sessions, and this conference was fantastic! There seemed to be a level of urgency in this conference that I hadn't sensed before, but I may have been more brain dead then, I don't know.

Sis Beck's talk was so good, and when my wife and I left the church this afternoon after the session, I said, "you know, there are some women in the church that are going to be very upset with her for saying that", and my wife agreed. She absolutely loves Sis Beck, and could feel her almost PLEADING with the sisters to honor motherhood and worry less about material goods.

The choir was great. Their rendition of "How Firm a Foundation" made me teary eyed. I love that last verse (I believe it is the last verse): I'll never, NO NEVER, forsake you. It is a shame we don't sing that more.

I am taking up Pres Eyring's admonition to write every night what I have seen the Lord do for me this day. My kids are all out of the house, but it is never too late to start, right?