Online book access

Sunday21

Guest LiterateParakeet

Sunday, I'm confused.  Kindle has all sorts of books and every genre as far as I know...all kinds of books...from pot boilers to classics and everything in between.  Are you sure you meant to say, "Kindle"?  They are the largest service, I think.  What kind of books are you looking for? 

12 minutes ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Sunday, I'm confused.  Kindle has all sorts of books and every genre as far as I know...all kinds of books...from pot boilers to classics and everything in between.  Are you sure you meant to say, "Kindle"?  They are the largest service, I think.  What kind of books are you looking for? 

The service is called 'kindle unlimited'. Worst books ever! https://ebookfriendly.com/kindle-unlimited-ebook-subscription/

13 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I've used Barnes & Noble, Kindle, and iBooks.  I've enjoyed them all, but I typically use iBooks now because of the flexibility between platforms.

I was hoping for a subscription service, something like ability to borrow  2 books a month for $10. Thank you. I will see if iBooks has a service.

29 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Why not join overdrive or your local library?

I have access to overdrive in two different cities and sigh...I have read them dry! All that's left are the books I refuse to read! I may have to cough up for the Toronto library system. $120/year and you have to physically go to Toronto to enroll.

I have been doing my best to suggest new books but I reached my limit for suggestions!

Edited by Sunday21

https://www.gutenberg.org/

Project Gutenberg. 

54,000+ books. 

100% free. 

Either the works are public domain, or the authors have allowed free distribution. 

Just bear in mind that because of how old many of the works are, you're likely going to find a few that will challenge modern-day sensitivities. 

5 hours ago, Ironhold said:

https://www.gutenberg.org/

Project Gutenberg. 

54,000+ books. 

100% free. 

Either the works are public domain, or the authors have allowed free distribution. 

Just bear in mind that because of how old many of the works are, you're likely going to find a few that will challenge modern-day sensitivities. 

That was what I was about to list until I read the rest of the thread.

If one has an ebook reader they can convert some of those over, or just read it on their tablet if they so desire.