Celestial Kingdom:Are these statements true?

Sunday21

49 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

That is new news. I have never heard/read any prophet, or apostle, or any leader of the Church reference spirit prison as "outer darkness." This appears to be a personal interpretation.

That was my understanding as well until I just read Alma 40:12-14 where it is clearly implied.

[Edit: It appears that @Rob Osbornbeat me to it, though the implication is made more clear with the addition of verse 12]

'Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Edited by wenglund

1 hour ago, Rob Osborn said:

Its found in scripture.

13 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of the wicked, yea, who are evil—for behold, they have no part nor portion of the Spirit of the Lord; for behold, they chose evil works rather than good; therefore the spirit of the devil did enter into them, and take possession of their house—and these shall be cast out into outer darkness; there shall be weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth, and this because of their own iniquity, being led captive by the will of the devil.
            14 Now this is the state of the souls of the wicked, yea, in darkness, and a state of awful, fearful looking for the fiery indignation of the wrath of God upon them; thus they remain in this state, as well as the righteous in paradise, until the time of their resurrection. (Alma 40:13-14)

Now, I will agree that generally "outer darkness" is spoken of as the eternal hell after resurrection. The distinction that doesnt change is the "darkness". That applies for both hells.

Thank you. This at least gives food for thought in reference to what I originally understood the portion mentioned being.

We agree that darkness applies to both hells, we would disagree as to the state in spirit prison being darkness (as having no light) though as you have described.

2 hours ago, wenglund said:

That was my understanding as well until I just read Alma 40:12-14 where it is clearly implied.

[Edit: It appears that @Rob Osbornbeat me to it, though the implication is made more clear with the addition of verse 12]

'Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Thank you. This at least gives food for thought in reference to what I originally understood the portion mentioned being. I have a different thought regarding this statement of "outer darkness" here in relation to those who have NO portion of the Spirit of the Lord, which tells me that it coincides with the following statement, "I would like to speak about God’s realm of light in contrast to the dark realm of Satan. Those who follow Satan will be cast into outer darkness, “where there is weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth.” (D&C 133:73.) How terrible to live in such a place of darkness and cold. It is entirely different from what we usually think of as “burning in hell.” That burning is the lasting regret one feels who has chosen the darkness of Satan in preference to the light of Christ." (Source)

I originally understand this to mean a prophecy of those who will be cast into outer darkness (who are described as "evil", "no portion of the Spirit of the Lord, and who chose evil rather than good), while they are in spirit prison waiting final judgement.

But as stated this gives food for thought.

Edited by Anddenex

The spirit world is right here on earth - all around us.  Those who did not have a chance to hear the gospel are still being influenced by good and bad spirits and have decisions to make on what spirit they will follow and accept.  Life after this life is much the same as it is now and exists on this earth.   Appetites for power, greed and pride abound as well as love, service and meekness.