and sublime gifts is your femininity, with its natural grace, goodness, and

divinity. Femininity is not just lipstick, stylish hairdos, and trendy

clothes. It is the divine adornment of humanity. It finds expression in

your qualities of your capacity to love, your spirituality, delicacy,

radiance, sensitivity, creativity, charm, graciousness, gentleness,

dignity, and quiet strength. It is manifest differently in each girl or

woman, but each of you possesses it. Femininity is part of your inner

beauty.

"One of your particular gifts is your feminine intuition.

Do not limit yourselves. As you seek to know the will of our Heavenly

Father in your life and become more spiritual, you will be far more

attractive, even irresistible. You can use your smiling loveliness to bless

those you love and all you meet, and spread great joy. Femininity is part

of the God-given divinity within each of you. It is your incomparable

power and influence to do good. You can, through your supernal gifts, bless

the lives of children, women, and men. Be proud of your womanhood. Enhance

it. Use it to serve others."

(James E. Faust "Womanhood: The Highest Place of Honor," Ensign, May 2000, 96)

If only all women could realize their worth. We'd have fewer abusive relationships, fewer rapes, and fewer unwed mothers. I'm lucky to have such great women around me.

Fewer rapes?

I can understand the fewer abusive relationships, women would just leave. I can also understand the unwed mothers part too because if women truely valued who they are and the gift to have children the numbers would come down. I don't see how women feeling the divinity of womehood can lead to fewer rapes. :dontknow:

<div class='quotemain'>

If only all women could realize their worth. We'd have fewer abusive relationships, fewer rapes, and fewer unwed mothers. I'm lucky to have such great women around me.

Fewer rapes?

I can understand the fewer abusive relationships, women would just leave. I can also understand the unwed mothers part too because if women truely valued who they are and the gift to have children the numbers would come down. I don't see how women feeling the divinity of womehood can lead to fewer rapes. :dontknow:

I agree. I don't think that would deter those that think very low of women.

Guest bizabra

<div class='quotemain'>

Fewer rapes?

BIZ: Heh. Especially considering this quote: "you will be far more attractive, even irresistible." Hmm, if everyone believed this, then a defense for the rapist would be easy, "she was soooo irresistible, I couldn't help myself!"

Bah! on Jimmy Faust's article! This kind of woman sounds like a Stepford wife. Women must be smiling, happy, radiant, gracious, gentle, lovely, quietly strong, at all times? Why? Imagine describing men in this fashion!

How about being decisive, direct, forthright, determined, passionate, confident, protective, independent, proud? Aren't these attributes we want women to have and young women/girls to learn? Or are these adjectives that should be used to describe men only? Should not men also be sensitive, gracious, gentle, dignified, and capable of love?

Again, BAH!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Fewer rapes?

BIZ: Heh. Especially considering this quote: "you will be far more attractive, even irresistible." Hmm, if everyone believed this, then a defense for the rapist would be easy, "she was soooo irresistible, I couldn't help myself!"

Bah! on Jimmy Faust's article! This kind of woman sounds like a Stepford wife. Women must be smiling, happy, radiant, gracious, gentle, lovely, quietly strong, at all times? Why? Imagine describing men in this fashion!

How about being decisive, direct, forthright, determined, passionate, confident, protective, independent, proud? Aren't these attributes we want women to have and young women/girls to learn? Or are these adjectives that should be used to describe men only? Should not men also be sensitive, gracious, gentle, dignified, and capable of love?

Again, BAH!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't surprise me that would be your response. We already know your attitude towards the LDS church and it's leaders. I'm not disagreeing with the attributes that you mentioned above. They are good attributes for women to have. But I also agree with President "James" (please not Jimmy) Faust's assessment of women as well. I don't find it to be Stepford at all.

Guest bizabra

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Fewer rapes?

Again, BAH!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't surprise me that would be your response. We already know your attitude towards the LDS church and it's leaders. I'm not disagreeing with the attributes that you mentioned above. They are good attributes for women to have. But I also agree with President "James" (please not Jimmy) Faust's assessment of women as well. I don't find it to be Stepford at all.

BIZ: Your response is also no surprise to me. I already know your attitude towards THE CHURCH and it's leaders.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Fewer rapes?

Again, BAH!!!!!!!!!

BIZ: Your response is also no surprise to me. I already know your attitude towards THE CHURCH and it's leaders.

:roflmbo: That was good.

Again, BAH!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps you should read the whole sentance or even the whole article properly....

And as Pam said : "President "James" (please not Jimmy) Faust"

Guest bizabra

<div class='quotemain'>

Again, BAH!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps you should read the whole sentance or even the whole article properly....

BIZ: Why does this matter to you? Why should I have to use his honorific?

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Again, BAH!!!!!!!!!

BIZ: Why does this matter to you? Why should I have to use his honorific?

Why should we have to explain our reasons why we prefer his proper name? It's out of respect to a great man and leader. Though you would not see that.