Scholarships (reputable Site)

pam

Does anyone know of a reputable site to search for available scholarships without having to pay a huge service fee just to look? I have a senior this year and I don't know where to look.

Her school isn't providing much information.

Try contacting the financial aid offices of the schools she is interested in, they should be able to give a list of available scholarships and grants. I got a couple scholarships and grants when I went to school, they were a great help. With your income, she should qualify for some grant assistance if nothing else.

The B.E.O.G. is available to most students. It is the Basic Education Oportunity Grant. Does not have to be repaid.

Where would she like to go to school?

Ben Raines

She wants to go to UVSC or UVU as it will be known officially by next school year.

Shows how old I am Frank. I thought the Pell grants were another all by themselves.

No comment necessary Pam.

Ben Raines

check out ed.gov

There is an online application for government financial aid. With your childrens ages and single parent status she should be eligible for some of that aid.

Ben Raines

Shows how old I am Frank. I thought the Pell grants were another all by themselves.

No comment necessary Pam.

Ben Raines

check out ed.gov

There is an online application for government financial aid. With your childrens ages and single parent status she should be eligible for some of that aid.

Ben Raines

Oh but I MUST comment Ben. Goes to show how much younger I am. I KNEW that was the new name. haha

• 3 months later...

If you want scholarships I am pretty sure most high schools have at least a college counselor with whom your son can speak. The counselors at my school have so many resources, yet they are often complaining about how no one applies for those scholarships. Check with the high school, basically. They actually are helpful.