The Road to Hell is Paved with Bad Intentions

Rob Osborn

On 7/23/2018 at 7:33 PM, askandanswer said:

Maybe it depends on the intention of the electricity and which path it chooses to travel on?

I think the statement can be false. If you have a pure heart God is all knowing and you will be rewarded according to your true heart. We're going to be surprised at the elect that did things for there own glory and Will receive little at judgement. Paul H Dunn was dishonest in trying to give great talks and luckily was rebuked in this life so he a chance to repent.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, wenglund said:

Your response is more than a little vague. So let me ask you directly: "Do you believe that the knowledge of good and evil occurs pre or post fall for all of us, including Adam and Eve?"

As a little note in your discussion I often think that we attempt to apply "words" as we understand them in a specific context.  But I think there is much more to scripture - which can only be understood correctly through the Holy Ghost.  In the Eden epoch; we indeed have a paradox concerning the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.  First off - trees are often used in scripture to reference things that have nothing to do with actual trees.  Jesus spoke of trees to reference goodness or lack of goodness in individuals - People -- not plants.

For those that refuse to understand the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to include possibilities of anything other than an actual physical tree and its fruit - I personally do not think that they understand much concerning revelation and inspiration from G-d especially concerning this particular subject.  The Eden epoch is to be understood within the context of the Father's plan of salvation - not as a means to maintain fruit trees in an orchard or garden.  In short - though we all understand somewhat of good and evil - there is an extent of knowledge of good and evil that neither Adam and Eve nor any of the Children of G-d in the pre-existence understood.  We had some ideas of evil but none of us had experienced death - that knowledge did not exist in the rheum in which we existed.  By the same token there were aspects of good that were not available - sort of for the same reason.  The good I speak of has to do with the sacrifice and atonement of G-d (Christ).  In the pre-existence there was nothing quite like death and resurrection from hell.  It was not that we had no knowledge of good and evil but that our knowledge was incomplete and under the current conditions (law if you will) we could not progress in knowledge to obtain that which we lacked.  And so it is that I believe the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil is something to be understood beyond any physical or actual fruit of any physical or actual tree.  In short there is much more to this story than that which meets the eye (physical eye).  And again, what is missing, can only be understood through the Holy Ghost.

As I personally search for understanding - I am aware that what I do not understand is more and greater than that which I do understand.  But my concern is not just for myself - because it would seem that there are some that think they have all this and much more figured out.  But when I ask - what would seem to be some of the more simple questions - those purporting great knowledge seem to be unable to answer but even worse - they do not seem to even understand that they are lacking in what they think they know. 

Thanks for your input - I have learned from you posts.

The Traveler