50 Ways the LDS Church Has Changed in the Last 50 Years

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints changes all the time. Policies change, culture changes, leaders change, numbers change, technology changes, and we've seen some huge changes just in the last year that Mormons worldwide are pretty excited about. To give you an idea of just how many changes have happened, here are fifty of them that have happened in the last 50 years: Church meetings/programs https://giphy.com/gifs/church-mormon-lds-uFkj9WB42MJQ2xZFcS 1. Sunday meetings used to be scattered throughout the week. 2. Before 1980, Primary-age kids went to Junior Sunday School. 3. The sacrament used to be administered during Sunday School. 4. Young single adults used to either be "Master M Men" or "Golden Gleaners." 5. The Primary program for girls age 9-11 used to be called the Lihomas program (little homemakers). Classes were called Gaynotes, Firelights, and Merrihands. 6. Later the Lihomas program was renamed the Merry Miss program. 7. Home/Visiting teaching used to be a thing (you all remember that one). 8. The Church is much less involved with Boy Scouts of America than it used to be. 9. David...

View the full article

• 1 month later...

32. Temples are generally much smaller than they used to be.

Hmm.  I'm pretty sure none of the temples that existed 50 years ago have shrunk.  Sure, new temples are smaller than the older temples, but I'm pretty sure the old temples are the same size they used to be... :itwasntme:

36. 50 years ago there were no temples on the continents of Asia, South America, Australia, Africa, or Antarctica. Now there are temples on every continent … except Antarctica.

Well, clearly we need a temple on Antarctica!  I mean, they had a stargate, they still have a post office and a museum, so why not a temple?

(So I decided to google Antarctica - you know, looking for a good place for them to build a temple - and followed the link to the "travel guide" which included this bit of insight:

When to visit
Antarctica is very cold year-round.

...glad they clarified that. :rolleyes: )