Great websites about Mormon Temples

Giuseppe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Purple Smidgen

Wow! I checked out those links!! I didn't take the time to read the articles, because I am feeling a little overloaded right now, but those Temples are beautiful!! I am defiantly interested in your Mormon church!! I am a little bit freaked out about this poligamy thing, and whats this stuff about becoming a God?

Originally posted by Purple Smidgen;247

Wow! I checked out those links!! I didn't take the time to read the articles, because I am feeling a little overloaded right now, but those Temples are beautiful!! I am defiantly interested in your Mormon church!! I am a little bit freaked out about this poligamy thing, and whats this stuff about becoming a God?

/rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Purple Smidgen;247

Slow down PS, I know this stuff is all new to you, but you need to take this one step at a time...learn the basics, and then delve into the more complicated things...How was your visit with the missionaries? Did you ask some of your questions to them?

• 4 months later...

Hey there, you left a message about ....I am a little bit freaked out about this poligamy thing....

For one thing The LDS ended the poligamy thing as you call it in 1896 and the other question like many others are for the missionaries and you to deal with.

Its great that your interested in the church but like "Yediyd" said here you need to slow down. A person needs to learn and grow before entering the temple. First step is listening to the missionaries and taking it from there. Good luck!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me the purpose of the Holy of Holies? When Preston Temple had the open days before dedication someone asked if the Holy of Holies was situated in the lantern tower and a member/guide responded that there was no such thing as a Holy of Holies and that the lantern tower was just there for fancy, but I know that there is a room in the Salt Lake Temple called the Holy of Holies. It's mentioned on those websites but I just don't know what it's for or if there is one in any other temple.

Can anyone tell me the purpose of the Holy of Holies? When Preston Temple had the open days before dedication someone asked if the Holy of Holies was situated in the lantern tower and a member/guide responded that there was no such thing as a Holy of Holies and that the lantern tower was just there for fancy, but I know that there is a room in the Salt Lake Temple called the Holy of Holies. It's mentioned on those websites but I just don't know what it's for or if there is one in any other temple.

The only temple with a Holy of Holies is the Salt Lake Temple. It's a special room adjacent to the celestial room (it's through the locked middle door in between two sealing rooms if you're familiar with the Salt Lake Temple) that only the president of the church and a cleaning lady that's set apart to clean it are authorized to enter. It's an ornately decorated room with a domed sealing and a large stain glass window depicting the First Vision. You can see the outside of the window from the temple sealing office. The Manti temple used to house the holy of holies until the Salt Lake Temple was completed.

I hope that helps.

BTW, thanks Skippy, for mentioning the Salt Lake Temple tour on my website. I really appreciate the plug.