Whew, That Was Easy

Guest Iggy

Hello,

I thought registration might take more than it did - NOT, it was easy.

I am Iggy, Married White Female, 55 years old. Lives in Arizona. Was raised in the Pacific Northwest. Was baptised when I was 14, left the church when I was 18. When I seperated from my husband of 27 years I also came back to church at the same time. Met husband number 2 who is a member of the church by the way :lol: and moved to Arizona cause that is where he works and lives.

I lurked too long this morning, and now I have to go get ready for work. Will see you all later when I get home tonight.

Iggy

Hello,

I am Iggy, Married White Female, 55 years old. Lives in Arizona. Was raised in the Pacific Northwest. Was baptised when I was 14, left the church when I was 18. When I seperated from my husband of 27 years I also came back to church at the same time. Met husband number 2 who is a member of the church by the way :lol: and moved to Arizona cause that is where he works and lives.

I lurked too long this morning, and now I have to go get ready for work. Will see you all later when I get home tonight.

Iggy

Welcome.

I have visited Arizona and passed through it numerous times. I find it too hot for me but the scenery is fabulous in some areas with the noted exception of I-10 between Phoenix and Quartzite.

Larry P

Hello,

Iggy

Arizona...is that somewhere in West Georgia?

Pa Pa :unsure:

Hello,

Iggy

Yeah! Another familiar face!!! (again, so to speak) Hi Iggy!!! Welcome to my new haunt!!!! Glad to see ya made it over here!!!

Hello,

Iggy

Iggy!

The green girl made it! We'll see, shan't we? I hope this works out for you. I think I'll hang around as well. Maybe it will be a nice change. Or, maybe I'm here because I'm just going to miss everyone so much. :(

Love,

Elphie

WOW! Thanks all for the great welcome.

Welcome! I grew up in AZ. Hope you like it there. HiJolly

It isn't what I was expecting. I was expecting sand, like from the beach sand. Don't know where I got the idea that Desert was sand. I never knew that cacti bloomed! That was a real treat. I also can't get used to the stink of the soil here. It is horrible! Give me the smell of an out going tide any day over this awful stink.

Welcome.

I have visited Arizona and passed through it numerous times. I find it too hot for me but the scenery is fabulous in some areas with the noted exception of I-10 between Phoenix and Quartzite. Larry P

It is too hot for me too. I am in Pinal County, and the scenery is gentle slopes they call mountains (I have to be honest here - they are mountains, I just am not looking at them from the foot of the mountain, more like the waist) and saguaro cacti with some ocatillo cacti and jumping cacti thrown in. Then there are the Mesquite Trees - that are not really trees. Their trunks are so weak and they bend over from the weight of their branches. I HATE them!

Hey there Iggy.... I followed you

I left a good trail for you. Glad you made it. :P

Arizona...is that somewhere in West Georgia? Pa Pa

Isn't Georgia way too humid year round? It is only humid here during the monsoons. HATE them too.

Yeah! Another familiar face!!! (again, so to speak) Hi Iggy!!! Welcome to my new haunt!!!! Glad to see ya made it over here!!!

i am glad I am here too.

Welcome, Iggy! I live in the Pacific Northwest and I grew up here. It's good to have you here! How did you manage to get used to the Arizona heat? MorningStar

I grew up in Seattle WA - actually in Ballard. Land of the Norskies. I traveled around the 8 states of the west coast then finally settled down on the Central Oregon Coast. So I have (yep they are still there, I just looked) web feet. I really miss the Pacific Northwest. The weather, the green, the super friendlyness of the people. I am not used to Arizona heat. Though I am getting aclimated some. I can actually tell the difference between 120 degrees and 100 degrees. I can also smell when a rain storm is going to hit and it usually does with-in two hours!

Iggy! The green girl made it! We'll see, shan't we? I hope this works out for you. I think I'll hang around as well. Maybe it will be a nice change. Or, maybe I'm here because I'm just going to miss everyone so much. Love, Elphie

I am so glad you made it online. I see that you hit the "e" instead of "a" - geez, amazing what trouble one little vowel makes. I knew I would miss the gals, so that is why I gave them all the heads up. I hope it works too.

Hi Iggy!!!! AnnieM

Hi Patootie - Hail, Hail the gangs all here pretty much don't ya think?

I grew up in Seattle WA - actually in Ballard. Land of the Norskies. I traveled around the 8 states of the west coast then finally settled down on the Central Oregon Coast. So I have (yep they are still there, I just looked) web feet. I really miss the Pacific Northwest. The weather, the green, the super friendlyness of the people. I am not used to Arizona heat. Though I am getting aclimated some. I can actually tell the difference between 120 degrees and 100 degrees. I can also smell when a rain storm is going to hit and it usually does with-in two hours!

I know Ballard. I think that's where my friend buys a lot of her candle supplies. I was born in Bellevue and raised in Renton. I can tell by the smell when it's going to rain too! I pointed that out to my husband and he said, "Oh yeah. There is a smell before it rains!" I can also smell snow. He thought I was weird when I said it smelled like snow and then it snowed. Doesn't happen that often here. I hear the women have a superior sense of smell due to higher levels of estrogen. It's also possible that someone made that up. :P

I lived in Utah for two years. I hated the brown and lack of water. I'm used to being able to drive to something to swim in within 10 minutes. OK, I lived by Utah Lake, but it's brown like everything else. *shudder* Get up really close and you can see all sort of stuff floating in it. This summer we went to Luther Burbank Park on Mercer Island quite often and that was so much fun because there were hardly any people at all, so I could see my kids at all times.

I know Ballard. I think that's where my friend buys a lot of her candle supplies. I was born in Bellevue and raised in Renton. I can tell by the smell when it's going to rain too! I pointed that out to my husband and he said, "Oh yeah. There is a smell before it rains!" I can also smell snow. He thought I was weird when I said it smelled like snow and then it snowed. Doesn't happen that often here. I hear the women have a superior sense of smell due to higher levels of estrogen. It's also possible that someone made that up. :P

I lived in Utah for two years. I hated the brown and lack of water. I'm used to being able to drive to something to swim in within 10 minutes. OK, I lived by Utah Lake, but it's brown like everything else. *shudder* Get up really close and you can see all sort of stuff floating in it. This summer we went to Luther Burbank Park on Mercer Island quite often and that was so much fun because there were hardly any people at all, so I could see my kids at all times.

I have always had a heightened sense of smell. Sometimes that was not a good thing. Posted ImageYou make me miss the northwest sooooo much. I haven't been to Ballard in maybe 5 years. My oldest brother and his wife live in Mountlake Terrace, my older sister and youngest brother live near Northgate. My baby sister lives in Georgia - Hey PaPa, maybe she is close to you - She lives in Woodstock. If she is close to you and I give you her address will you go and smack her one for me? She hasn't written me in eons!! She is such a BRAT!

I can not get into water that you can not see through. Sorry - but I am not into things latching onto me! I also do NOT swim. I sink. Like a lead weight. The swimming teacher gave me back my money and added $50.00 if I would never come back. I tried so hard to swim. You would think that with my ample endowments I would float - HAH, not a chance! Lead Weight, just use me for the anchor. Love to dangle my feet in the water though.

I have always had a heightened sense of smell. Sometimes that was not a good thing. Posted ImageYou make me miss the northwest sooooo much. I haven't been to Ballard in maybe 5 years. My oldest brother and his wife live in Mountlake Terrace, my older sister and youngest brother live near Northgate. My baby sister lives in Georgia - Hey PaPa, maybe she is close to you - She lives in Woodstock. If she is close to you and I give you her address will you go and smack her one for me? She hasn't written me in eons!! She is such a BRAT!

I can not get into water that you can not see through. Sorry - but I am not into things latching onto me! I also do NOT swim. I sink. Like a lead weight. The swimming teacher gave me back my money and added $50.00 if I would never come back. I tried so hard to swim. You would think that with my ample endowments I would float - HAH, not a chance! Lead Weight, just use me for the anchor. Love to dangle my feet in the water though.

:lol: And I can't sink for long. I seriously can't imagine myself drowning. I try to dive for stuff and it just doesn't work out well. Recently our three-year-old tossed my husband's cellphone in a lake and I went there that night to dive for it. No luck and the water was so murky I couldn't see squat. I can still do handstands in the water though. :)

:lol: And I can't sink for long. I seriously can't imagine myself drowning. I try to dive for stuff and it just doesn't work out well. Recently our three-year-old tossed my husband's cellphone in a lake and I went there that night to dive for it. No luck and the water was so murky I couldn't see squat. I can still do handstands in the water though. :)

I was thinking the same thing!! I can't sink!! I try to swim to the bottom of my pool and I can't get all the way down there!!!! I LOVE to swim!!!! (I have a couple of built in life preservers, too!!!) :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing!! I can't sink!! I try to swim to the bottom of my pool and I can't get all the way down there!!!! I LOVE to swim!!!! (I have a couple of built in life preservers, too!!!) :rolleyes:

Blah, mine are anchors! Drat! I have wanted to swim so bad - I wanted to have the freedom of gliding underwater. Oh well, it is not meant to be.

LOL Iggy and Yediyd...Not meaning to brag here, but is there a limit to how large your life preservers can be, before they begin not to work? Cos mine are exceptionally XXXL and they don't work :( I sink, not swim...

You have me beat sweetums!!!! Not sure, but I really do float...I love water, I feel so free in it!!!

LOL Iggy and Yediyd...Not meaning to brag here, but is there a limit to how large your life preservers can be, before they begin not to work? Cos mine are exceptionally XXXL and they don't work :( I sink, not swim...

Hmmmm, brag - yeah right - okay fes up - I are 46DDD :blink: You would think with balast like that I would float - nope, I sink.