Just Found My Way Over Here...hello All!

imported_Elphaba

Welcome... I think you'll like it here... care to share any more info? Where from? LDS? Convert?

Whatever you feel comfortable with...

I'm from the Pacific Northwest... beautiful central Oregon coast... active LDS... widowed...

The Garden Girl

Hi Garden Girl,

Actually you may remember me as Jaynee Doe, but then you might not. It's been a long time since I posted at FAIR/MAD. I've been spending my time at LDSTALK, where I made some wonderful friends who are abandoning ship and coming over here. So I thought I'd come and see what all the fuss is.

I'm an ex-Mormon who is NOT an anti-Mormon. I'm in North-Utah, divorced with two children. One who I think has met her Prince Charming, and the other who I'm afraid is never going to meet his princess, and that makes me very sad. I'm disabled and spend a lot of time bed bound, but that gives me lots of free time to pursue my passion, which is Mormon history. I am in absolute awe of our pioneers who suffered so much day in and day out, and then took the long trek to the Great Salt Lake.

Additionally there are still pioneers in the Chuch where you'll still find stories to match those of the 19th century.

It's hard to explain to people, especially believing members, but I love this Church. It is my legacy, even though I'm not a believer. My family is all Mormon, and I love them so. I am saturated with Mormonism, and while I have issues with parts of it I find there are other parts that inspire me to this day. That's one of the reasons I left MAD. There was no room for someone like me--I was mocked and derided, and I will not let my beliefs and passions be demeaned. I'm sure you can understand that as I have enjoyed your posts often.

I had a lot of problems signing on, so it is nice to finally be here. Thanks to Yediyd, my friend!

Hi Garden Girl,

Actually you may remember me as Jaynee Doe, but then you might not. It's been a long time since I posted at FAIR/MAD. I've been spending my time at LDSTALK, where I made some wonderful friends who are abandoning ship and coming over here. So I thought I'd come and see what all the fuss is.

I'm an ex-Mormon who is NOT an anti-Mormon. I'm in North-Utah, divorced with two children. One who I think has met her Prince Charming, and the other who I'm afraid is never going to meet his princess, and that makes me very sad. I'm disabled and spend a lot of time bed bound, but that gives me lots of free time to pursue my passion, which is Mormon history. I am in absolute awe of our pioneers who suffered so much day in and day out, and then took the long trek to the Great Salt Lake.

Additionally there are still pioneers in the Chuch where you'll still find stories to match those of the 19th century.

It's hard to explain to people, especially believing members, but I love this Church. It is my legacy, even though I'm not a believer. My family is all Mormon, and I love them so. I am saturated with Mormonism, and while I have issues with parts of it I find there are other parts that inspire me to this day. That's one of the reasons I left MAD. There was no room for someone like me--I was mocked and derided, and I will not let my beliefs and passions be demeaned. I'm sure you can understand that as I have enjoyed your posts often.

I had a lot of problems signing on, so it is nice to finally be here. Thanks to Yediyd, my friend!

I am so happy to see my buddies are finding me over here!! welcome aboard, Elpheba!!!

I just wandered over here from another forum.... Thought I would say Hello!

...Yed tells me you folks are a nice bunch...

Yeah - the whole good girls bunch is here!!! Okay, now, who brought the brownies and punch. Don't forget the fresh fruit tray that I set up for those who are not supposed to have all that sweet wonderful carbs!

...Just stay away from my chocolate!!! <_<

Yes, there is more than enough brownies for everyone. When I make the stuff I always get carried away. I make one pan for me, and then one pan for every two people. Then after they are all done I remember I can no longer have the brownies. So it is FRUIT or vegies for me! I do love fruit dipped in chocolate too. Actually I mean drowned in chocolate! :blink:

Yes, there is more than enough brownies for everyone. When I make the stuff I always get carried away. I make one pan for me, and then one pan for every two people. Then after they are all done I remember I can no longer have the brownies. So it is FRUIT or vegies for me! I do love fruit dipped in chocolate too. Actually I mean drowned in chocolate! :blink:

I KNEW there was something about you that I liked!!!!

Have you ever dipped strawberries in hot fudge? It's gooooood.

Yep, every fruit that is available from the store I have dipped in chocolate, hot fudge or even covered with Death by Chocolate Ice cream!

I love Orange Sherbet put on top of shortcake then drowned with chocolate syrup, or hot fudge. I used to eat a 1/2 pound slab of milk chocolate and wash it down with a gallon of milk. Worked way better than two midol and a glass of water. :blink:

Yep, every fruit that is available from the store I have dipped in chocolate, hot fudge or even covered with Death by Chocolate Ice cream!

I love Orange Sherbet put on top of shortcake then drowned with chocolate syrup, or hot fudge. I used to eat a 1/2 pound slab of milk chocolate and wash it down with a gallon of milk. Worked way better than two midol and a glass of water. :blink:

Yep...I like your stile!!!! :P

STOP THE BUS!!!!

Elphie is here too??? EXCELLENT!!!!!

Hi Elphie!!!!

It's me, Patootie ;)

Great to see you here too :D

PATOOTIE!!!

You little sweetie! What a great surprise!

What do you think of the place?

I think some of the egos at LDSTalk were brought down a peg or two the past few days. What do you think?

There are no HUGS smilies so ```````HUG``````` will have to do.

Love ya Patoots!

Elphie

Hello Elphie!!!

Will we be starting up a youtube thread and a weird animal thread over here too?

(can i just hijack the thread for a sec... how do you guys get an avatar up? i cant find out how!)

Hi bunnzy,

I've already posted a YouTube: O Mio Babbino Caro. But if it's all right with the powers that be, I'd rather not make it a thread. Too many excellent videos get lost in the middle of the thread. We'll see if they object to my voluminous postings. :P

To put your picture in your avatar, you need to go to "My Controls." Then to "Edit Avator Settings." Make sure your picture is 80 x 80 pixels. You can follow the instructions from the options on how to upload the picture. If you're still having trouble, let me know.

Elphaba

PATOOTIE!!!

You little sweetie! What a great surprise!

What do you think of the place?

I think some of the egos at LDSTalk were brought down a peg or two the past few days. What do you think?

There are no HUGS smilies so ```````HUG``````` will have to do.

Love ya Patoots!

Elphie

So far I love it here :D

I only frequent that site for my chatroom buddies now... I prefer the forums here now :)

Mumsie is here! Hooray, hooray.

Here, have a Steussy snack (found this yesterday while going through some papers that I inherited from my grandpa -- not "early" Church stuff, but interesting nonetheless...):

Originally posted by Mormon sees resurrection...

I have been requested to relate an experience I had in 1908 [or] 1909 in San Juan County. I was just making a home in Blanding and the whole county there was covered with trees and sagebrush. I was working hard to clear the ground to plant a few acres of corn. We had five acres cleared and [we] started to plant the corn. My little boy Roy, [seven] or [eight] years old[,] was there to help me plant the corn. I'd plow around the piece and then he'd plant the furrow with the corn. Then I'd cover it and plow again. While I was plowing on that piece of ground, I discovered there were ancient houses there, that is[,] the remnant of them.

As I was plowing around I noticed that my plow had turned out the skeleton of a small child[--]the skull and the backbone[. M]ost of the the bones[,] of course[,] were decayed and gone. Part of the skeleton was there, so I stopped immediately as my plow had passed it a little. I turned and looked back against the bar of the plow between the handles. As I was looking at that little skeleton that I had plowed out[,] and wondering, all of a sudden to my surprise[,] I saw the bones begin to wiggle[. T]hey began to change position and to take on [a] different color[. W]ithin a minute there lay a beautiful little skeleton. It was a perfect little skeleton.

Then I saw the inner parts of the natural body coming in--the entrails, etc. I saw the flesh coming on and I saw the skin come on the body [after] the inner parts of the body [were] complete. A beautiful head of hair adorned the top of the head[. I]n about a half a minute after the hair was on the head, it had a beautiful crystal decoration in the hair. It was combed beautifully and parted on one side. In about a half a minute after the hair was on the head, the child raised up on her feet. She was lying a little on her left side with her back toward me. Because of this I wasn't able to discern the sex of the child, but as she raised up, a beautiful robe came down over her left shoulder and I saw it must be a girl.

She looked at me and I looked at her, and for a quarter of a minute we just looked at each other smiling. Then [in] my ambition to get a hold of her, I [said,] "oh, you beautiful child," and I reached out as if I would embrace her and she disappeared.

That was all I saw, and I stood there and I wondered and I thought for a few minutes. My little boy was wondering why I was there because he was down at the other end of the row[,] anxious to come and plant the corn. Now, I couldn't tell that story to anyone because it was so mysterious to me and such. Why should I have such a miraculous experience[?] I couldn't feature a human being in such a condition as to accidentally plow that little body out and see it come alive. A body of a child about five to seven years old, I'd say.

I couldn't tell that story to anyone until finally one day I met a dear friend of mine, Stake Patriarch Wayne H. Redd of Blanding. He stopped me on the street and [said], "Zeke, you have had an experience on this mesa you won't tell[.] I want you to tell it to me." Well, I told it to him. Then he had me tell it to other friends and since then I have told it in four temples in the United States and many meeting houses and many socials, fast meeting, and a conference times.

I wondered, and it worried me for years[,] as to why [...] was I, just a common [uneducated] man, allowed to see such a marvelous manifestation of God's power.

One day as I was walking alone with my hoe on my shoulder going to hoe some corn, something said, "Stop under the shade of that tree for a few minutes and rest." This just came to me and I thought I would, so I stopped there and [the following] was given to me.

It was in answer to my prayer. I prayed incessantly for an answer as to why I was privileged to see that resurrection. I was told why. When the child was buried there, it was either in time of war with the different tribes or it was winter time when the ground was frozen and they had no tools to dig deep graves. If it were during time of war they couldn't possibly take time to dig a deep grave. They just planted that little body as deep as they could under the circumstances. When it was done the sorrowing mother knew that it was such a shallow grave, that in her sorrow she cried out to the little group that was present, "That little shallow grave, the first beast that comes along will smell her body and will dig her up and scatter her to the four winds. Her bones will be scattered all over these flats.["] There just happened to be a man present holding the priesthood (a Nephite or a Jaredite, I don't know which because they had both been in this country. I've been in their houses and know it.) The man said, "Sister, calm your sorrows. Whenever that little body is disturbed or uncovered, the Lord will call her up and she will live. Since that time, I have taken great comfort, great cheer and consolation and satisfaction, with praise in my heart and soul, until I haven't the words to express it, that it was I that uncovered that little body.

Thank you for listening to me. I just can't tell this without crying.

Zeke Johnson

son of Joel Hills Johnson

Mumsie is here! Hooray, hooray.

Here, have a Steussy snack (found this yesterday while going through some papers that I inherited from my grandpa -- not "early" Church stuff, but interesting nonetheless...):

You KNOW how I love this stuff! I googled Joel Hills Johnson and found quite a bit of information to read. In case anyone's interested, here's a journal of his from 1861 to 1882 that, from the little bit I've read so far, was fascinating. He was in Kirtland, and in Nauvoo with the Prophet, and then in Utah. He was the whole package, wives and all!

I thought I'd post this poem he wrote in honor of his three wives, whom he appeared to love very dearly:

TO MY WIVES

Oh, Susie dear, with love and cheer

May all with thee be well

My love for thee, while true to me,

This tongue can never tell.

And Jennie, love, Can I reprove

Or say thou are untrue

With love like mine, and virtue thine,

I always shall say no.

And Maggie, too, my love for you

I cannot now express

While thou to me shall faithful be,

I shall thee love and bless.

Should each prove true their work to do

Like true and faithful wives

Then all shall share, my love and care

With crown of endless l lives.

I can't wait to take the time to really read his journal thoroughly.

Thank you Stu for such a lovely treat. You're such a good boy!

Mummy