2000 Mules

Carborendum

My conclusion at the bottom may surprise all of you.

It had ONE thing that was clear and convincing.  Apart from that, I was kind of disappointed with it.  A LOT of it was just filler to make it long enough that people to feel like they got their money's worth.  Well, that didn't work with me.

It had only ONE thing that was substantive.  And it should have been clear and convincing evidence to anyone who looks at it with an open mind.  But the naysayers will write it off as biased and propaganda regardless of how scientifically it was derived.  It really was convincing.

Everything else was just a rehash, filler, and commentary.  Pretty much worthless.

For those who don't know, it is a documentary by Dinesh D'Souza about how people were hired "mules" to deliver mail-out ballots to the drop-boxes.  There was an orchestrated effort to collect as many ballots from individuals as possible for a short stop at bases of operation where they were they were "processed".

SO WHAT WAS THE IMPORTANT PART?

True the Vote collected data from GPS tracking through cell phones.  Such information is available to the public with special request forms.

Over a petabyte of data showed that a person would go out of their way to multiple drop box locations and then back to a base of operations.  Then make another sortie out to another set of boxes...  There is NO REASON for anyone to do that other than to deliver many batches of ballots.  And that is illegal in most states to protect against this very action.  But just making it illegal doesn't mean people won't do it.  When they screened out for possible false positives, they found approximately 2000 such mules in the battleground states.  And based on surveillance videos collected in conjunction with the cell phone data, they were able to approximate the number of ballots that were dropped at each location.

Over 300,000 ballots were delivered in this manner.  And based on the cell data, it was enough to turn the election. Remember that several states were given to Biden by only a few thousand votes. There were just enough ballots in three states.  And there were PLENTY of them in one of the states (IIRC, it was either Michigan or Pennsylvania).  A couple of states showed that the deficit for Trump was too great.  So, Biden would have gotten those states even if they didn't cheat.

CRITICISMS AND REBUTTAL:

• There were simply not enough ballots to make a difference.*
    • The operation stayed under the radar by limiting the number of ballots dropped each time.  So, no single drop was deemed significant.  No one had any idea that there were thousands of mules carrying "just a few" ballots each at each location.  No one had any idea that any single mule would carry to upwards of 20 locations in states where they did not reside.
  • This was biased and obviously not dependable data.
    • The data was sound.
    • The data was analyzed well and generously screened for false positives.
    • But the interpretation of the data was biased.

BOTTOM LINE - MY TAKE: (This may surprise you).

* The math they used to determine which states "would" have gone to Trump was accurate.  But the philosophy used was deficient.  They assumed that there was NO cheating on the part of the Republicans.  I'm not so naïve as to believe Republicans don't engage in cheating as well.  They just don't do it as well or as wide-spread.** 

When taking into account a reasonable guess for the level of Republican cheating, most of the states were not swung because of this.  A couple states, yes.  But that wasn't enough.  The other states were so close that the states would probably still have gone to Biden.

** The reason why I believe Democrats do it more is because of the methodologies that the film depicted.  Republicans simply don't have that infrastructure.  Democrats do.  A large part of this was based on mail-out ballots being widespread.  Democrats have been screaming for more of them.  Republicans have been trying to shut them down.

I didn't memorize all the numbers.  So, if you want to do an analysis yourself, go ahead and see the movie.  But based on my memory, I was seeing that the few states where Trump "won" by a bare majority the night before, and "lost" by a bare majority the morning after, it was simply not enough.

Mass voting ballot mail outs should not be done.  Voting can be easily manipulated in this way.  If you want a ballot to vote absentee you should be required to request a ballot 100 to 45 days before every election.  Voter identification at the voting polls should be strictly enforced and voters should be required to register to vote 29 days before an election.  No same day voter registration.