New Life- I Am Now A Member!

Guest AutumnBreez

Guest AutumnBreez

My son and I had a very beautiful experience last night. He knew it was truely different feeling there. Something we both can share together. I just hope he doesn't go to school and talk about it today. Told him that it is sacred and stays with him and the Temple, not school friends. He came home last night and told his older brother a couple of things, I over heard him and brought him to the side and quietly told him--"I know you are excited and it was a great feeling but you need to know that telling people does not keep the Temple sacred as it needs be, you can talk to other members in the Temple about things of the Temple." My oldest son was sarcastic and say something like --"Its because I am a heathen isn't it?" I said "no"-- "it keeps the Temple sacred when you keep it there and not everywhere else" - "It is ok he told you what he did but did not want him to go to school and tell his friends what he was doing there. Many people don't understand the ordinances and school is not the appropriate place to discuss it anyway. Time and place for things."

"He just needs to be a good kid and set a good example to others not splurt out in excitement."

I ask others to help me in prayer that my husband and oldest son's heart will be softened and will desire to know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. That the Spirit will pierce them as they search their hearts.

My son and I had a very beautiful experience last night. He knew it was truely different feeling there. Something we both can share together. I just hope he doesn't go to school and talk about it today. Told him that it is sacred and stays with him and the Temple, not school friends. He came home last night and told his older brother a couple of things, I over heard him and brought him to the side and quietly told him--"I know you are excited and it was a great feeling but you need to know that telling people does not keep the Temple sacred as it needs be, you can talk to other members in the Temple about things of the Temple." My oldest son was sarcastic and say something like --"Its because I am a heathen isn't it?" I said "no"-- "it keeps the Temple sacred when you keep it there and not everywhere else" - "It is ok he told you what he did but did not want him to go to school and tell his friends what he was doing there. Many people don't understand the ordinances and school is not the appropriate place to discuss it anyway. Time and place for things."

"He just needs to be a good kid and set a good example to others not splurt out in excitement."

I ask others to help me in prayer that my husband and oldest son's heart will be softened and will desire to know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. That the Spirit will pierce them as they search their hearts.

AutumnBreez,

Congratulations on your baptism and also for going to the temple. As far as talking about what goes on in the temple: We generally speak pretty openly about baptism for the dead. It's in our scriptures (See D&C 127-128). We do not talk openly about the other ordinances. It is important to always speak reverently about the temple.

Congratulations, again.

Guest AutumnBreez

Drew-- Thanks for the scriptures to look up. I am reading them and glad of it. Picked up a couple of things that I had not recognized before. It was needed-again thank you, much appreciated.

Everything seems to be going so great for you. Hang in there, and God will work things for every good that He is able... I know that going to the temple with your son was a wonderful place for you to be with him. Just keep a picture of your husband in your heart, with both of your sons... each time you are able to enter the temple in your mind.

Guest AutumnBreez

Everything seems to be going so great for you. Hang in there, and God will work things for every good that He is able... I know that going to the temple with your son was a wonderful place for you to be with him. Just keep a picture of your husband in your heart, with both of your sons... each time you are able to enter the temple in your mind.

Thank you, I will do so. Not sure when I will get back to Temple but I will keep this picture in my heart, in or out of temple.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AutumnBreez

Today I was asked to accept a calling as Young Womens Secretary. Accepted and sustained today.

Anyone who has tips and any info, I am open to knowledge and all help.

I don't fully know what I will be in charge of, but that is ok, will be getting together this week.

Having a meeting this coming Wednesday evening with YW Pres and the former YW Sec. to fill me in of my duties.

Also I will be part of the planning commitee. I am excited and feel I will learn alot.

Couple of weeks ago, when I went with the Youth to the Temple, I had a glimpse of time with the YW.

I am getting to know their names and bit of their personalities. Love my ward here....however,

we may not be living here much longer due to my husbands work- within 6 months we may move to Colorado.

Chances are high. It is ok, someone reasured me that the LDS Community is strong there in CO.

Funny I lived there a very short time, this is where I first joined/learned of the Church, 1993. Now I may return.

We (family) are excited about the prospect of going west. Even my teenage sons who will leave friends at school.

My oldest has a friend in Co Springs that we knew when living overseas. His friend just moved there this year.

I have family there. Distant relatives, and Great Aunt- twin sister to my Grandfather. So close to Utah where my husbands

family lives. My parents live in AZ part of the year-Winter months.

Rattling on.....and on....just excited. I am sure I will have opportunities to also have calling there too.

At this time the calling will give me great understanding and experience to bring with, where ever I move.

Today I was asked to accept a calling as Young Womens Secretary. Accepted and sustained today.

Anyone who has tips and any info, I am open to knowledge and all help.

I don't fully know what I will be in charge of, but that is ok, will be getting together this week.

Having a meeting this coming Wednesday evening with YW Pres and the former YW Sec. to fill me in of my duties.

Also I will be part of the planning commitee. I am excited and feel I will learn alot.

Couple of weeks ago, when I went with the Youth to the Temple, I had a glimpse of time with the YW.

I am getting to know their names and bit of their personalities. Love my ward here....however,

we may not be living here much longer due to my husbands work- within 6 months we may move to Colorado.

Chances are high. It is ok, someone reasured me that the LDS Community is strong there in CO.

Funny I lived there a very short time, this is where I first joined/learned of the Church, 1993. Now I may return.

We (family) are excited about the prospect of going west. Even my teenage sons who will leave friends at school.

My oldest has a friend in Co Springs that we knew when living overseas. His friend just moved there this year.

I have family there. Distant relatives, and Great Aunt- twin sister to my Grandfather. So close to Utah where my husbands

family lives. My parents live in AZ part of the year-Winter months.

Rattling on.....and on....just excited. I am sure I will have opportunities to also have calling there too.

At this time the calling will give me great understanding and experience to bring with, where ever I move.

Make sure the YW Pres gives you a copy of the duties as outlined in her manual. You will be responsible for taking the minutes of all leadership meetings, taking and reporting the roll of all the YW and the leaders. You report the roll at the end of the month to the Membership Clerk.

Depending on your YW Pres. , she could have you do up a weekly or monthly newsletter, handouts for Sunday that have the events for the coming week on them. Sending out birthday cards, keeping the Bishop Interview logs up to date. The YW are to have interviews twice a year with the Bishop and the Councilor that is assigned to YW. The Bishop generally does the Birthday interview and the Councilor does the 6 month interview.

My YW Pres had me teaching a lesson also. Along with all my other duties she had me do- I barely had time to sleep, let alone present a lesson. When I talked with the Stake YW Secretary she said she would talk to the Stake YW Pres and they both would talk with my YW Pres and encourage her to relieve me of the teaching part. (Which she did)

If I was a stay at home wife, it wouldn't have been such a drain on me. But I work full time, along with taking care of my home and husband. Being in YW, you will be attending all of their activities- which means you will be there Wednesday night as well as Sunday. Plus any dances that are held on Fri or sat, and any other activities that are scheduled.

My YW Pres insisted that we have Leadership meetings every week. We arrived at Church 2 hours early on Wed night. That was really hard on me because I got off work at 5:30 - so I was always late arriving to the meetings.

If you need any help, go to the Stake YW Secretary. It is part of her job, her calling to help the Ward/Branch Secretaries.

Guest AutumnBreez

Make sure the YW Pres gives you a copy of the duties as outlined in her manual. You will be responsible for taking the minutes of all leadership meetings, taking and reporting the roll of all the YW and the leaders. You report the roll at the end of the month to the Membership Clerk.

Depending on your YW Pres. , she could have you do up a weekly or monthly newsletter, handouts for Sunday that have the events for the coming week on them. Sending out birthday cards, keeping the Bishop Interview logs up to date. The YW are to have interviews twice a year with the Bishop and the Councilor that is assigned to YW. The Bishop generally does the Birthday interview and the Councilor does the 6 month interview.

My YW Pres had me teaching a lesson also. Along with all my other duties she had me do- I barely had time to sleep, let alone present a lesson. When I talked with the Stake YW Secretary she said she would talk to the Stake YW Pres and they both would talk with my YW Pres and encourage her to relieve me of the teaching part. (Which she did)

If I was a stay at home wife, it wouldn't have been such a drain on me. But I work full time, along with taking care of my home and husband. Being in YW, you will be attending all of their activities- which means you will be there Wednesday night as well as Sunday. Plus any dances that are held on Fri or sat, and any other activities that are scheduled.

My YW Pres insisted that we have Leadership meetings every week. We arrived at Church 2 hours early on Wed night. That was really hard on me because I got off work at 5:30 - so I was always late arriving to the meetings.

If you need any help, go to the Stake YW Secretary. It is part of her job, her calling to help the Ward/Branch Secretaries.

You sound like you were drained. Sorry to hear. Hope that I can keep up. Going to Borders to get a schedule book today.

Don't know if getting one for both church and family or just one shared. Shared seems more logical then carrying two.

I had planned on getting one to keep on task for immediate family before getting calling for Church family.

Since they are all my family- I think I will just get one. :D

Thank you for the update/knowledge for YW Sec.,. Our Youth and Scouts are on Tuesday night. I was always there anyway. My husband likes to play basketball with the young men when he is home from traveling. My youngest is in scouts. Usually people hanging out anyway and would socialize while I waited for scouts to be out. However, I work too. Usually out by 4pm and home by 4:30pm. I could start work sooner and get out earlier if it posed a problem I suppose. Scouts at 7. It would be a drag for the boys if I have to be there so much sooner. They would have to go with me, since Husband travels alot.