I Give Up

Old Tex

OK. I give up. I finally got past the need for a new password to get in and I've been everywhere looking for where the Private Messages are hidden. I did find a list of features burried somewhere that said private messages, but then it wanted another password. I was never able to give it what it wanted.

I have clicked on all the new little colored blocks at the top of the page, as well as everything else that looks like a menu of some sort, but I'm going in circles. I'll appreciate help from anyone who can give it. Also, how does one make contact with a mod? I'm turning blue. :eek:

Hello Old Tex,

Just be patient.... don't give up. :(

The site has undergone an update with many new features. It will take us all a little getting used to. Did you get an email? Check your junk or bulk mail and follow the steps to reset your password.

OK. I give up. I finally got past the need for a new password to get in and I've been everywhere looking for where the Private Messages are hidden. I did find a list of features burried somewhere that said private messages, but then it wanted another password. I was never able to give it what it wanted.

I have clicked on all the new little colored blocks at the top of the page, as well as everything else that looks like a menu of some sort, but I'm going in circles. I'll appreciate help from anyone who can give it. Also, how does one make contact with a mod? I'm turning blue. :eek:

under the "quick links" button at top right are several shotcuts...pm's are one, todays posts are another, as are subscribed threads

i don't like that you can't just type in the quick reply box...therefore it's a waste of space

I agree with Old Tex, I'm about to give up. The FAQ says I can change my signature in my profile, but how????? I like the other board, I miss the other board. :huh::(

M.

Editing to say the smilies don't work.

To edit signature go to your "UserCP" it's almost to the top in black on the left of the page.

Which smiles don't work?

Hang in there with us Maureen....

I have not been here in awhile, and I had trouble getting back in, and had to reset my pw, also a weird problem, was that the board had me as female from afganistan, but I am male from Michigan, so some errors may have crept in during the move to this board.

Geoff

Mine as well, but I think that was the default setting. Great to have you here.

To edit signature go to your "UserCP" it's almost to the top in black on the left of the page.

Which smiles don't work?

Hang in there with us Maureen....

Thanks for the help SF. When I reply (like now) there are smilies to the right of this box (I'm typing in). I tried them but I don't get what I want. The huh didn't give me a smilie, just :huh: and my unhappy face I picked is not what shows with the end result.

M.