I like Kenneth Cope- he is LDS

I also love Josh Groban. He is not LDS, but his music is uplifting and spiritually filling. I also like Lex de Azelvedo.

Not very many, but I also love classical- Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart, etc. For me as long as the lyics aren't foul, the music isn't screeching or bringing me down I will listen to it.

I like Kenneth Cope- he is LDS

I also love Josh Groban. He is not LDS, but his music is uplifting and spiritually filling. I also like Lex de Azelvedo.

Not very many, but I also love classical- Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart, etc. For me as long as the lyics aren't foul, the music isn't screeching or bringing me down I will listen to it.

Thanks. I just bought, for the first time in my life, a Christian

CD (LDS) by Hilary Weeks - The Collection. Got it from iToons.

Every song is almost bringing me to tears. I love this music.

Thanks. I just bought, for the first time in my life, a Christian

CD (LDS) by Hilary Weeks - The Collection. Got it from iToons.

Every song is almost bringing me to tears. I love this music.

Yep, that is going to happen to you for some time now. The Holy Ghost is testifying to you.

I even had to ask in my prayers for the Holy Ghost to turn it down a notch or two. I was in tears so much I thought my face was going to wrinkle and prune up :eek:.

My favorite song by Kenneth Cope is White Dress. I sobbed so hard and loud I had to play it about 5 times before I heard it - uninterrupted - clear through. WOW!!!

Yep, that is going to happen to you for some time now. The Holy Ghost is testifying to you.

I even had to ask in my prayers for the Holy Ghost to turn it down a notch or two. I was in tears so much I thought my face was going to wrinkle and prune up :eek:.

My favorite song by Kenneth Cope is White Dress. I sobbed so hard and loud I had to play it about 5 times before I heard it - uninterrupted - clear through. WOW!!!

I know what you mean... I remember just as I started gaining my own testimony back when I was 17, I downloaded "Abide with me" by The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and listened to it on loop for almost the whole night while everyone else was asleep. I couldn't stop the tears but my heart was so full of joy I had no reason to turn it off. I haven't heard anything from Hilary Weeks or Kenneth Cope... I'll check em out. I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, though, because they're loud and soft at the same time. They can sing powerfully and quietly at the same time, sort of like the way the Holy Ghost speaks to us... strong but quiet.

I knew you would be the one to put me out of the lurkdom that I've been enjoying the last several months. Your journey has truly inspired me.

Anyway, I think Hilary Weeks is a terrific first choice. I don't have that particular cd but she is one of my absolute favorites, so two thumbs up! Also, I would suggest that you request a catalog from Deseret Book, which carries LDS merchandise (books, music, movies, art, etc.). Those catalogs are often how I discover new release LDS music. The catalog is free and you'll get one once a month I believe (at least you do when you buy something haha). Of course you can peruse the website too, although that can get overwhelming if you don't know specifically what you're looking for since there is so much stuff.

Request a Catalog

Guest girlydolphin

I wholeheartedly agree with Kenneth Cope. The song "Gethsemane" is my absolute favorite! I think you would like the song "Breath in Me" - a song about wanting to feel the Spirit. (DeseretBook.com - Hear My Praise)

Jeff Goodrich is also awesome! You can listen to soundclips of his CD here: DeseretBook.com - I Heard Him Come

If you like a cappela hymns, go for this one DeseretBook.com - Hims II

Anyway, I hope you find what you are looking for.

I have downloaded many songs online -- Janice Kapp Perry is a wonderful writer. EFY (Especially For Youth - not a group name, but a week long "camp" for LDS kids) have some songs too that are terrific to listen to. I just type in LDS or Mormon for the song search and ususally get quite a few. Some groups I can think of now are Afterglow and Sons of Provo.

To buy:

LDS Books, Music and Talks in MP3

Find LDS Music

LDSTunesNow: New LDS Music Releases

To listen:

KZION LDS Internet Radio

BYU Broadcasting | Keeping You Connected

Talks:

LDS Voices

Speeches Website

LDS voices I like: Jenny Jordan Frogley, Kathrine Nelson, Jenny Phillips; Hilary Weeks, Jessie Clark, Julie De Azevedo, Felicia Sorenson, Tammy Simister Robinson, Liz Draper, Janice Kapp Perry,

Brett Rymond, any Osmond, Michael MacLean, Dave Tinney, Berry Hansen,

Puhlease! :P

I have the best collection of the most uplifting LDS music you'll EVER find on the internet, for free.

All I need, to send you access to my collection, is an email address.

69 songs, from varying artists.

I'm infamous with some members here (via the chatroom) about my music...ask girly, ruth, and some others. :D

I knew you would be the one to put me out of the lurkdom that I've been enjoying the last several months. Your journey has truly inspired me.

Thank you for your kind words. When I read comments that my

journey is inspiring others my faith becomes a little stronger. So,

thank you for making me feel a little better and my faith a

little stronger.

Well, I bought Gethsemane, White Dress, and Breath in

Me, by Kenneth Cope.

Gethsemane makes my heart cry. If I listen to this song

and some of Hilary Weeks songs, it just makes me cry

inside so much. I want to listen to all these songs but

should I when they penetrate my heart and soul

so much? The feelings in me are like a hurricane.

To paraphrase Gethsemane - I'm here in Heaven, Jesus you are

down there on Earth, your burden is so big. Now you're in

Heaven, I'm hear on Earth, with this little burden that is getting

worse.

It makes me put in perspective how small my problems

really are when compared to what Jesus went thru. Jesus,

my older brother. My Lord Jesus, my savior.

I've noticed something about many of these songs - they

are about hurt and pain, hurt and pain that I feel. I guess

I'm not the only one on Earth that is lost, in emotional pain,

has great doubt, full of hate, sinful, and sorry.

White Dress is a very nice and uplifting song.

Guest girlydolphin

Hoosier:

The songs I suggested were ones that touch my heart right now and are pretty introspective. I promise there are TONS of uplifting ones too! :D It is early now, and I an barely awake, but I will be sure to link you some ones to lift your Spirits.

Okay, for starters while I am thinking about it . . .

Hallelujahs (Kenneth Cope again) DeseretBook.com - Hear My Praise

You can listen to my LDS music for free, but beyond that, I'd recommend you get a subscription to KZION LDS Internet Radio at KZION LDS Internet Radio. They have most of what's available in the commercial LDS music market, and it will give you a decent idea of what's available and what you may want to purchase.

Thanks much!

The more I listen to the Hilary Weeks and Kenneth Cope songs

I have, the more I realize how much they describe how I feel.

It's like, all these songs describe my feelings 100%. Every song,

every lyric. If I go after more songs (and I want to) it's going

to bankrupt me!

I just realized something. A few weeks ago I bought the 1970's

song "Who Do You Love" by K.C. and the Sunshine Band. Now,

I know this is not a Christian song. But the whole song is

basically "Who Do You Love" over and over. Here are some of the

lyrics:

I’ve got this feeling’ all down inside

And this feelin’ I just can’t hide

I really love you, I really do

But I don’t get the same feelin’ from you

Who do you love, who do you love

Who do you really, really, really love (Tell me)

Who do you really, really, really love

I would give anything in the world

Just to have you with me, girl

If it’s a game I don’t want to play

I’ll just go my own separate way

Who do you really, really, really love (Tell me)

Who do you love, who do you love (Tell me)

Who do you really, really, really love

When I played this for the first time on my iPod I kept answering

the song "Jesus!" Then I started singing along with the song,

and instead of singing "I really love you, I really do" I would

sing "I really love him, I really do" referring to Jesus.

What I just realized is this - when I bought this song, I fell in love

with it and listened to it over and over. I took it as a song about

Jesus. This all was a week or two before I bought my first Christian

CD. What I’m wondering is this - did my Heavenly Father encourage me

to buy this song and listen to it over and over to get me ready to listen

to full 100% Christian music? I think he knew this song would soften

my heart even more and get me ready to listen to and love that

Hilary Weeks music.

Maybe I'm just crazy or have too much time on my hands or

I'm really reaching. But, I think my Heavenly Father had a big hand in this. He wanted me to listen to that K.C. and the Sunshine song and fall in love with it like I did so it would soften my heart some.

Music can touch our souls in a way that a lot of other things can't, and I think that's why He sort of led you to that song before you went on to more "serious" stuff. God knows our capacity and what we're ready for (and when we're ready for it.) I never heard that song but I can definitely relate to how I've heard other songs with "new ears" or a new, religious perspective.

I've seen her name on iToons and came close to buying one

of her songs. Can you recommend her best songs?

She has a bunch of good ones but few of my favorites are:

Heart Wide Open

I need thee every hour - My favorite

Never

One and Only

Peace Giver - My second favorite

Slow Down

I also like Michael McLean. He is a pianist and he does not do his own vocals but his music is very uplifting... His music is written to answer questions and build up your spirit. I have no idea if he is on iTunes...

Hold On, The Light Will Come - My anthem in life when times get tough...

Which Part Is Mine - I have asked this very question myself:-)

Your Not Alone - A slightly cheesy sounding song but its so true...

And while I am in the groove...:-) I also suggest Michael W. Smith. Hes not LDS but he is Christian and I LOVE his music too. Music is my life actually...I LOVE the songs on the compilation albums "First and Second Decades" and the entire albums called 'Healing Rain". He is most definitely on iTunes as he has been around for over 25 years.

Thanks much!

The more I listen to the Hilary Weeks and Kenneth Cope songs

I have, the more I realize how much they describe how I feel.

It's like, all these songs describe my feelings 100%. Every song,

every lyric. If I go after more songs (and I want to) it's going

to bankrupt me!

I just realized something. A few weeks ago I bought the 1970's

song "Who Do You Love" by K.C. and the Sunshine Band. Now,

I know this is not a Christian song. But the whole song is

basically "Who Do You Love" over and over. Here are some of the

lyrics:

I got another interesting one for you too. I was lovin it when I thought about it... I was in a rather mellow mood, just thinking about my life and how God was working in it when the song "I turn to you" by Christina Aguilera came on. It was not written for the purpose I took it as but if you take Christ and put Him in your mind when you are thinking of the lyrics of the song... wow its powerful. I put a slide show of stuff together with that song as the background that makes me well up in happy tears every time I see it. Unfortunately I don't know how to transfer it or have the bandwidth to stream it to for everyone to see. That song is so powerful.

That is the power of the music though. I find so many songs that make me want to cry but they are happy tears, tears of fulfillment in my life. These are the songs that I cherish the most because they keep reminding me of my purpose here on the earth. God is good...