Prophesy of Joseph son of Joseph

Crypto

Hello everyone I need a little help locating something I read a while back.

I remember reading an article or talk about the prophesy that Joseph in Egypt(Many colored coat) gave that is recorded in 2 Nephi 3 (particularly 3:15).
It might have been something from Cleon Skousen, or LeGrand Richards, but i'm not sure. In the article/talk it talked about how the Kingdom of Israel (Northern Kingdom) was conquered and since scripture back then wasn't all compiled into one book many prophesies were lost. There however is a record reference/story/myth to the Jews(likely ones in diaspora) having a prophesy that hints/implies/follows the one in the Book of Mormon from Joseph of Egypt.

I am curious to track down the sources if anyone might know.

Edited by Crypto

I wasn't aware of the Scripture Citation Index, so i'll definitely take a look!
I've found in my notes that Cleon Skousen was the one who said the prophesies of Joseph of Egypt are found within Jewish tradition. Still looking for the sources.

(I understand some caution is warranted when reading Skousen)

Edited by Crypto

23 minutes ago, Crypto said:

I wasn't aware of the Scripture Citation Index, so i'll definitely take a look!

:D There's even an app.  Once you get used to it, it's an incredibly useful tool!

Not lost scripture or revelations, but there are some biblical revelations on the matter

Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink.

10 For the Lord hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.

11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Isaiah 29: 9-14 (and more if you read through the end of the chapter).

15 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,

16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions:

17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?

19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

Ezekiel 37:15-19