"Moments of Happiness"

I believe I've had one today and that God has blessed me.

Yesterday I met up with my wife in Kingston and we had a meal together. She told me that our daughter (child) misses me and wants to see me again. She (they) miss the fun times we used to have together which surprised me a lot. I thought that since "growing up" she (they) considered me an embarrassing old nutter who pretends to be a Yorkshireman, tells stupid jokes, disrespects all her (their) sacred cows and pulls faces at BMW drivers, who wants steering well clear of. (Except of course as a source of cash.) But it seems I misread the situation somewhat, which is hardly surprising as I haven't seen her (them) to speak to in nearly a year. Anyway they both want us to meet up as a family again soon. This morning I took some things over to my wife's new apartment and we had a lovely time, having breakfast at McDonald's. It was really lovely to be spending time with her. I don't see us moving back in together for a very long time (if ever) but I can see this new situation working. She is happy, and that is what is important to me. So is my daughter (child). I've just got to learn to bite my tongue and not press her (their) LGBTQ buttons.

Anyway after that I went back to the university and marked about a dozen exam scripts, then went and bought a brand new lawnmower, assembled it and cut the grass in the front yard for the first time in a year. Only stopped working when it got dark. It may sound ike nothing but it's the most I have achieved on a Saturday for many a month. 

(OK I also had a rant about Nazis and Mormons, Left Behind and Penelope Pitstop, but darkness within light, yin and yang. No one changes completely in one day.)

Edited by Jamie123

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Don't you think Ken Page is unbelievably brilliant as Old Deuteronomy? He makes me weep and shiver all over!

I never saw this on the stage - only on the movie with Elaine Page as Grizabella and Sir John Mills as Gus. The night we had booked to see it was the night my daughter was unexpectedly born early. Still, I'm not complaining! 😀

Edited by Jamie123