Would A God Need To Have Sex In Order To Create His Children?

Gaea

Remember spirits do not have a body. (Pre-existence )

Sex is an earthly way to procreated bodies to house our spirits.

We are told we had Heavenly parents, but the church does not go so far as to indicate we had a Heavenly Mother.

We simply do not know the Heavenly process of spirit creation.

We have had another thread with this discussion not long ago and I brought up the fact that we have a hymn in our hymnbooks which relates to our Heavenly Mother. If the Church didn't support that then I don't believe the hymn would still be there.

So The Church Does Support A Heavenly Mother. Maybe The Mother Mary, The Mother Jesus Christ. But Mary Herself Was Human And Born On The Earth. Thus Jesus The Christ Was Created Through Mary And Was reserected Into His Eternal Body. Jesus Christ Recieved His Eternal Body After He Was Born On The Earth.

Gaea: As I review your posts, I see you have started multiple threads with the same subject. Please explain why.

Thank you,

Seraphim

S/he is not here to learn. S/he is hear to argue. If you notice all of the posts that S/he has opened, they are all couched in an attitude much like 'how stupid can you be to believe this?'

S/he will go away if you don't play...

Gaea: As I review your posts, I see you have started multiple threads with the same subject. Please explain why.

Thank you,

Seraphim

I Am Not Away That All Posts Are The Same, Thus Replying To a Quote Made Would Be A New subject And question. Thus New Questions On The Same Topic Would Come About. The Constructton of The Question Is Not Always Accuatly Displayed Thus I Need To Refrace What Im Asking In A New Thred So I have The Right answers. If Answers Differ Then I Know The The Previous Thred Praced Was Not Really Asking The Right Question To Begin With. Thus It Becomes Clearer In A New Thred Than The Previous one.

So The Church Does Support A Heavenly Mother. Maybe The Mother Mary, The Mother Jesus Christ. But Mary Herself Was Human And Born On The Earth. Thus Jesus The Christ Was Created Through Mary And Was reserected Into His Eternal Body. Jesus Christ Recieved His Eternal Body After He Was Born On The Earth.

I think you are confusing us with the Roman Catholic Church. Mary the mother of Jesus Christ is a daughter of our Heavenly Parents just as we are. She is not our Heavenly Mother.

Guest Seraphim

I Am Not Away That All Posts Are The Same, Thus Replying To a Quote Made Would Be A New subject And question. Thus New Questions On The Same Topic Would Come About. The Constructton of The Question Is Not Always Accuatly Displayed Thus I Need To Refrace What Im Asking In A New Thred So I have The Right answers. If Answers Differ Then I Know The The Previous Thred Praced Was Not Really Asking The Right Question To Begin With. Thus It Becomes Clearer In A New Thred Than The Previous one.

You have multiple threads about the manner in which Heavenly Father creates His children. Choose which one you want to keep and please stop monopolizing this folder. You have started approximately 15 new conversations today.

Seraphim

You have multiple threads about the manner in which Heavenly Father creates His children. Choose which one you want to keep and please stop monopolizing this folder. You have started approximately 15 new conversations today.

Seraphim

I will Create A New Topic, It will be About You Beliefs that God Pro creates. As i Am Told. In Any Case I Dont Want The Responcibility Of Becoming A God. I Know How This Life Is, And If God Accepts Me Home, I Just want Peace Not The Constant Struggle Of Creating.

I Would Not Condemn Anyone, Thus I Would Not Create. If It Make It Back I Will Sit On The White Floor Of Heaven And I Will Sing With All Gods Children. I Will Then Fall Asleep On The Floor And Rest.

Guest Seraphim

I will Create A New Topic, It will be About You Beliefs that God Pro creates. As i Am Told. In Any Case I Dont Want The Responcibility Of Becoming A God. I Know How This Life Is, And If God Accepts Me Home, I Just want Peace Not The Constant Struggle Of Creating.

I Would Not Condemn Anyone, Thus I Would Not Create. If It Make It Back I Will Sit On The White Floor Of Heaven And I Will Sing With All Gods Children. I Will Then Fall Asleep On The Floor And Rest.

No more new topics from you today. You have plenty as it is.

Seraphim

When I thought going to heaven meant sitting on a cloud all day playing a harp I didn't want to go because it sounded so boring! :D I'm glad there's more to it than that.

Joseph Smith taught that we have a Heavenly Mother. That concept is also taught in one of our hymns, written by Eliza R. Snow, President of the Relief Society in early Salt Lake City.

Just what does it mean to be a Heavenly Parent? We do not know, except that they accept us as their children/offspring. Whether that is from some actual birth process that occurs, or whether we are formed in some fashion and then adopted as their spirit children, we do not know.

But IMO it really does not matter at this point.

I have known many people who do not wish to have the part as a God/Goddess in the next life. I am certain they will get their wish, as the Lord taught in D&C 132 that those who do not enter into celestial marriage will be angels of God.

Gaea, it may be possible you will even be in Heavenly Father's presence, depending on your faithfulness and acceptance of gospel truths. And if not, you will be promised your own cloud to play the harp on, in one of the kingdoms of glory.

Something interesting points from President George Q. Cannon

God has a father. Jesus, our Lord and Savior, was once a child upon the earth as you are now. He was the Son of God on earth, and He is now God in heaven. It was He who spoke to Moses in the wilderness, and it was He who revealed Himself to the brother of Jared and came to him before He was in the flesh. He gave revelations to His servants in ancient days; and He afterwards came upon the earth just as you have done. He came here, was born, and had a father and mother like you have. Well, who was His father? Why God was His father; and who was God's father? Why God had a father like you and I have.

God has a father. Jesus, our Lord and Savior, was once a child upon the earth as you are now. He was the Son of God on earth, and He is now God in heaven. It was He who spoke to Moses in the wilderness, and it was He who revealed Himself to the brother of Jared and came to him before He was in the flesh. He gave revelations to His servants in ancient days; and He afterwards came upon the earth just as you have done. He came here, was born, had a father and mother like you have. Well, who was His father? Why God was His father; and who was God's father? Why God had a father like you and I have.

Now, what I want to say in connection with this is, it is your privilege to become just what Jesus and God our Heavenly Father have become, if you, while on earth, take a course to serve God and keep His commandments; for He is actually the Father of your spirits, just as your earthly parents are of your bodies. (June 4, 1871, JI 6:155)

Heavenly Father once a mortal man. Every child knows that its earthly father had a father, and its grandfather had a father, and so on back as far as they can be traced; it can believe also that if it lives to become a man or a woman, it will also have children.

The Prophet Joseph teaches us that our Heavenly Father was once a man and dwelt on an earth like we do upon this and that He has gone on from step to step, from one degree of glory and exaltation to another, until He now rules and governs.

Now, with this information children can begin to understand something about their Heavenly Father. They can see that if Jesus is His Son, and we are His sons and daughters, that He must be the Son of some other personage, for He could not beget Himself, but must have a father even as He is our Father. (Sept. 11, 1869, JI 4:148) (George Q. Cannon, Gospel Truth: Discourses and Writings of President George Q. Cannon, selected, arranged, and edited by Jerreld L. Newquist, p.101-)

No, No, No, No, No, No, No,...

If You Believe This Then You Cant Possibly understand How God Creates.

I feel Jesus created spirits. I feel D.&C. 132:19 is popularly misunderstood as saying such are spirit children. This idea became official LDS belief among LDS, but More likely to me it teaches physical children will be begotten after the resurrection. the only way God has children that i can see would be spiritual adoption of other mens kids. (D.&C. 76) If he had any children with his wife that would be a mystery not made clear to me in the LDS scriptures. Van Hale at his Mormon Miscellaneous website has an article on this subject.

I think it is a mistake to teach anybody's official doctrine has to be a 100% true. The creation Ex-Nehilo doctrine of evangelicals has been proven by FAIR to be mere speculation. But i do not see any amount of big Evangelical errors and there are some makes that religion false. To me a religion does not have to be a 100% true in order to be true.

The idea of us being spirit children of god, and heavenly mother can still be true. It would mean that we are adopted spirit children of God. Why don't you ask God? Read the LDS case for this belief and if you find it all, or mostly persuasive then you have a testimony of it.

I am a Reorganized Latter Day Saint and we rejected the heavenly mother idea. But this has not stopped me from reading the LDS side. Nor has it prevented me from admitting the possibility i might be wrong in my doubts about the idea. I never have stopped with reading just the Anti-Mormon side, or my church side, but have been willing to ask God. Until God tells me the idea is true its not my idea. But i ask God about it anyway each time in ponder the idea in my heart.

Using logic an reason is great in testing religious ideas. And i search the scriptures with such ideas applying the Barean test. But i also see a danger in applying Thessalonican excuses to testing truth also. I see Anti-Mormon literature as applying the Thessalonican test to LDS beliefs.