President of American Trucking association sends letter to President Bush.

bcguy

There is plenty of oil in Alaska to last us another 100 or more years. Oil is a renewable resource. It just takes forever for the earth to make more.

Oh and by the way I hear they have a way to turn garbage into oil. I'll have to look into that.

Oh and I agree we need to quit using oil but you and I both know that is not going to happen. To many people are greedy and care not what oil is doing to the earth.

What happens in 100 years then? The same thing as now. Start now to reduce the dependency on oil and that hundred year supply will last 200 or more. People need to think outside the box. I have heard about the garbage into oil thing, but it's still not enough. I'm not a rabid environmentalist, I still drive a truck albeit a smaller one with a 5cyl engine, but I do think that we need to change our ways. If raising oil prices through the roof will get people to change, so be it.

100 years from now I will be gone so I care not. Besides in 100 years I would think technology would save us from our oil using ways.

This attitude is the problem. "Let someone else deal with it", "I'll be dead so what do I care?". We need to start looking at solutions now. Not let the next generation deal with it when it becomes too late.

Good Grief!!! I'm starting to sound like Al Gore. Kill me, kill me now.:lol:

I'm just one person. I don't drive when I don't need to. I ride a bicycle to work. I tend to do my part.

I also think that people are over reacting. The problem isn't as big as people make it out to be.

Global warming by the way is a myth. We should be more worried about global cooling.

This attitude is the problem. "Let someone else deal with it", "I'll be dead so what do I care?". We need to start looking at solutions now. Not let the next generation deal with it when it becomes too late.

Good Grief!!! I'm starting to sound like Al Gore. Kill me, kill me now.:lol:

:lol: We need to take the global warming and put it in a lockbox. (Ever see that skit? George Bush and Al Gore are debating and are asked to sum up their campaign with one word. George Bush says, "Strategery." Al Gore says, "Lock box.")

We just had our coldest winter here since the 60s.

I live in the North East of Scotland in the last 16 years we have had one proper winter in 1995 when we got weather from Siberia, our summers are now cold and wet, but we don't have a real winter at all, this year we had about 3 days of snow and none of it stuck, even 10 years ago we would have had a weeks worth, 30 years ago snow would have been banked up by the side of the road from January-May.

The weather has impacted our rivers they now flood, because our relatively dry part of the country now gets rain instead of snow, but we don't have the steady increase the snow melting in the hills gives the river, reducing the amount of fish. We have nasty biting bugs we would not have got here and several species of birds and ducks that would not have been seen this far North even 5 years ago. I can look at growing tomatoes outside in my garden, plant my potatoes earlier whereas it used to be May before you could plant anything. Places that had permafrost are having it melt in some places calling subsidence.

It may not be happening where you are but Global Warming and generally weird weather is alive and well here

-Charley