Are there any LDS.net Deaf members?

Heather

Come on everyone. Deafness is not a joke. Let's be respectful here.

Pam you are quite right it is no joke and I wasn't joking when I said that I wear a hearing aid.

I find that when the majority of people find out I use a hearing aid, they turn away from me as they start to talk. That is the worse thing they can do. The aid is an amplifier- that is like taking a microphone and putting it behind your head when you get up to talk to a group of people!! Thus that is why I said

Could you please type to my face so I can read it - - thank you

I for one thought Moksha's response was funny, and Lisajo- I too have selective hearing in my right!:lol:

Lighten up would you Pam - if you are hearing impaired and take offense, then you should know that I in no way meant to disrespect you.

I have had a hearing problem since childhood- I was about 7 years old when the medication the Dr prescribed for an ear infection, blew out my ear drum!

So Moksha, am I typing loud enough for you dear? And Lisajo- look at what I am typing and pay attention with your left ear sweety.

Iggy

LOL everybody..I've struggled with my hearing since I had a boil in my ear, aged 11...I know how difficult it is to concentrate on what somebody is saying if there is the least bit of disturbance going on around you...

Bring on the typing jokes, they're superb!! LOL :)

Yes.

But I have like 3 hours of sleep in me, and when the spell checker was like "THIS IS THE WRONG WORD" I was like... "BUT I DON'T CARE!"

:D

Thanks, though. It's weird, because I remember what cochlea are, but I didn't even think of them, haha.

Your welcome, I am looking into getting my ear drums rebuilt. I am not sure if that is what Cochlear is or not.

I don't know what I am waiting for- the Dr's office is about 4 doors down from where I work- maybe it is because every time someone looks/pokes in my ears it starts them hurting for a bit.

I can tolerate pain from abscessed teeth for months over the pain of an ear ache!

I haven't worn my hearing aid for nearly 4 months now because it isn't working right. After paying $2,000 for it, I guess I expected it to last longer than 10 years! My first aid lasted 14 years!

Pam you are quite right it is no joke and I wasn't joking when I said that I wear a hearing aid.

I find that when the majority of people find out I use a hearing aid, they turn away from me as they start to talk. That is the worse thing they can do. The aid is an amplifier- that is like taking a microphone and putting it behind your head when you get up to talk to a group of people!! Thus that is why I said

I for one thought Moksha's response was funny, and Lisajo- I too have selective hearing in my right!:lol:

Lighten up would you Pam - if you are hearing impaired and take offense, then you should know that I in no way meant to disrespect you.

I have had a hearing problem since childhood- I was about 7 years old when the medication the Dr prescribed for an ear infection, blew out my ear drum!

So Moksha, am I typing loud enough for you dear? And Lisajo- look at what I am typing and pay attention with your left ear sweety.

Iggy

Please don't ask me to lighten up. The question was asked because someone joined the site and asked if there was anyone else on the site with the same disability. Last thing we want is someone new reading a thread where a disability was being joked about. I understand where you are coming from...but think about what someone new may think of the thread. We don't want to offend any new members...or anyone for that matter.

Please don't ask me to lighten up. The question was asked because someone joined the site and asked if there was anyone else on the site with the same disability. Last thing we want is someone new reading a thread where a disability was being joked about. I understand where you are coming from...but think about what someone new may think of the thread. We don't want to offend any new members...or anyone for that matter.

What- you think people with disabilitites don't have a sense of humor? It was Heather who asked the question, not a new member. The new member should have come to the forum and asked for themself.

I will say it to you Pam, Lighten up some would you please. Life is too short to be so serious all the time! Life is also too short to be so politically correct all the time too. :D

That is in my Own Personal Opinion.:lol:

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me but Heather WAS asking for a new member who approached her. Again please don't tell me to lighten up. I am also entitled to have MY opinion.

i understand that ppl with disabilities have a sense of humor and joking around is ok. but i personaly was taught it's polite to know who you are joking with first, some ppl have been hurt a lot and are sinsitive.

on another note i understand that those making the jokes have issues, but i can't imagine it's the same as being compleatly without sound in your life. hard of hearing and not hearing aren't the same thing. that would be like my thinking i understand what it means to be blind cause i can't see well enough to even drive or shower without my contacts. i say i'm blind but i'm not really.

i think it's best to try to use some tact and sinsitivity.