You're A Christian Fundamentalist

Snow

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

(don't get all huffy - this applies to any adherent of fundamental beliefs - borrowed from hannity mb)

A question I often ask is - What is the great crime that could be committed by man, that would cause a loving G-d, a G-d worshiped for his grace, to condemn that man forever (eternity) of torment in Hell without any hope?

Keep in mind that the scriptures tell us that the day will come that ever man that ever lived will confess Jesus Christ on their knees - not one will deny he is the Christ and the Savior. When the truth is known all will confess Jesus is the Christ.

The point is - at the last supper when Jesus said one would betray him, what was the response? Some claiming to be Christian say: It must be the Mormons. Some say the Catholics. Some say this religious group or that religion. But what was it that the real followers of Christ said? -- “L-rd is it I?”

The Traveler

The Traveler

Originally posted by Traveler@Jul 11 2004, 08:29 AM

A question I often ask is - What is the great crime that could be committed by man, that would cause a loving G-d, a G-d worshiped for his grace, to condemn that man forever (eternity) of torment in Hell without any hope?

Keep in mind that the scriptures tell us that the day will come that ever man that ever lived will confess Jesus Christ on their knees - not one will deny he is the Christ and the Savior. When the truth is known all will confess Jesus is the Christ.

The point is - at the last supper when Jesus said one would betray him, what was the response? Some claiming to be Christian say: It must be the Mormons. Some say the Catholics. Some say this religious group or that religion. But what was it that the real followers of Christ said? -- “L-rd is it I?”

The Traveler

The Traveler

What a wonderful post!

Come on "kids". <_< It's clearly out of respect for the name and title.

Do you guys always ask why a man from Japan will bow and a man from the US will shake your hand or why a man from Vietnam will not look you in the eye when speaking to you or why a Buddist in Thailand will not sit with the bottom of his foot toward you and will Never touch you on the head or why "ladies first"?

Originally posted by Setheus@Jul 13 2004, 05:03 PM

Come on "kids". <_< It's clearly out of respect for the name and title.

Do you guys always ask why a man from Japan will bow and a man from the US will shake your hand or why a man from Vietnam will not look you in the eye when speaking to you or why a Buddist in Thailand will not sit with the bottom of his foot toward you and will Never touch you on the head or why "ladies first"?

Y-u a-e ind--d w-se, g--d s-r.

Thank all of you that will allow me my personal respects. Just as a point of interest to those of you who may not know the ancients that gave us the scriptures had such reverence for G-d that they all considered themselves unworthy to write his name even in giving us the holy scriptures. I cannot consider myself more worthy than them.

The Traveler

Originally posted by Traveler@Jul 16 2004, 10:02 PM

Thank all of you that will allow me my personal respects. Just as a point of interest to those of you who may not know the ancients that gave us the scriptures had such reverence for G-d that they all considered themselves unworthy to write his name even in giving us the holy scriptures. I cannot consider myself more worthy than them.

The Traveler

We all have a lot of respect for people that would stone people to death for uttering the name "Jehovah". Thems some good folk.

The Traveler

The Traveler

That is a really great post Traveler. Thanks for writing that! I never thought about that! :)

Originally posted by Traveler@Jul 17 2004, 12:02 AM

Thank all of you that will allow me my personal respects.  Just as a point of interest to those of you who may not know the ancients that gave us the scriptures had such reverence for G-d that they all considered themselves unworthy to write his name even in giving us the holy scriptures.  I cannot consider myself more worthy than them.

The Traveler

perhaps you should write church headquarters and let them know that they're wrong every time they publish a New Era, Friend, Ensign, the Church News, give speeches, publish Gen. Conference talks...

oh and they REALLY need to edit out those pesky o's in the Bible, BOM, PoGP, and D&C....tsk tsk

Guest JLHyde

...The point is - at the last supper when Jesus said one would betray him, what was the response? Some claiming to be Christian say: It must be the Mormons. Some say the Catholics. Some say this religious group or that religion. But what was it that the real followers of Christ said? -- “L-rd is it I?”

The Traveler

The Traveler

Yes, you are right. People like to point the finger at others: never take a good hard and long look at self.

PS: If you leave out the letter -o- in God, then the reader can [could] guess that the One you are talking of may be

--gAd-- , a Bible figure

--gEd-- , (a variation of "Jed")

--gId-- , (short for "Gidgiddoni")

--gUd-- , (the actor, John GeelGUD)

Be careful with L-rd, as this can be spelled and pronounced Lard: a crisco-like substance.

I think that you have it partly right and partly wrong, concerning the ancient Hebrews: Those who uttered God's name profanely were, on occasion, struck dead for so-doing (and not struck by any man, if you know what I mean!).

PS: "God" is not a name, at all! It is a "title". The true and real name of God is not known, today: for reasons stated above.

Guest JLHyde

Originally posted by Setheus@Jul 13 2004, 05:03 PM

Come on "kids".  <_<    It's clearly out of respect for the name and title.

"Hey, kid, what time is it?" --Buffalo Bob

Your response is, at best, uninformed. There are Titles and then there are Names. Pharaoh was never a personal name. That great statesman, Mahatma Gandhi, is oftened referred to by just "Mathatma" (specifically, "The Mahatma"): people, generally, don't realize that Mahatma is not a name at all, but a title only.

Anciently, God (strictly a title-word) revealed His Name to His People Israel (who weren't Utahns!). And, then they profaned it and were struck dead!

(The later people--remembering what had happened to them, but forgetting the Name--handled even the 3-letter Hebrew word for God with extreme CARE!)

Guest JLHyde

Originally posted by Setheus@Jul 13 2004, 05:25 PM

T-ank Y-u.

Now, for the two ladies in the back row....We shall cut the baby in two equil parts. That way you can both have the child... B)

"Equil" ?

Are you trying to say Nyquil, here?

Guest JLHyde
Originally posted by 7layerdip+Jul 17 2004, 04:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (7layerdip @ Jul 17 2004, 04:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Traveler@Jul 16 2004, 10:02 PM

Thank all of you that will allow me my personal respects.  Just as a point of interest to those of you who may not know the ancients that gave us the scriptures had such reverence for G-d that they all considered themselves unworthy to write his name even in giving us the holy scriptures.  I cannot consider myself more worthy than them.

The Traveler

We all have a lot of respect for people that would stone people to death for uttering the name "Jehovah". Thems some good folk.

And, we especially all have a lot of respect for Brigham Young, who--through his wonderful doctrine of Blood Atonement---had a few thieves and adulturers executed because the "blood of Christ" wouldn't cover their sins!

Huuuuuh?

(And, you thought the ancients were barbaric?)

(Look closer to home, for examples of barbarism!)

PS: Blood Atonement is a doctrine of BY that he documented well, in the J of D (or, as y'll would say "JoD").