So I Have To Be Baptized And Confirmed Again

I find it interesting that some of you are freaking out about the fact that Mormongirl02 is restricted to 30 minutes of internet time per day.

A few years back I heard on the radio some basic business tips on how to better manage your time.

One tip was directed to people who felt they were spending a little too much time with e-mail and web surfing.

This tip is exactly what Mormongirl02 is doing. Find one moment of personal time during the day for e-mail and surfing the web.

On T.V. I have seen many occasions where people felt they were extremely busy and didn't have as much time as they liked to spend time with family or do things that they wanted to do.

These supposed busy people were asked to keep a record of their time every day for a week or so to see what there daily routine and habits were. The majority of the time it was found that in between the times of actual work there they were wasting all kinds of time watching T.V., reading magazines, books,surfing the web and taking naps.

After being shown the data the "busy" person saw that they weren't really all that busy after all. At that point the same person who gave them the time keeping assignment would then help weed out the things that weren't very important. The time adviser would then work with the person to plan out the day. After doing all this the person formally known as a stressed out busy person became a person with a well balanced day. They had more than enough time to get the required things done. They had more time to spend with family. They had alone time for themselves and alone time with their spouse and they had a better more fulfilling night sleep each night.

Mormongirl02: I truly applaud your efforts to go along with the 30 minute internet plan.

For all those who are in shock and feel that a 30 minute restriction on personal web surfing is totally unfair: I suggest you truly look at how you spend your time.

The leaders of our church have warned us not to allow the virtual world of internet, T.V. and video games to become our reality. If the internet is sucking up a large portion of your time then maybe it is time to unplug yourself from the virtual world and reclaim your humanity.

Edited by Raggman84
not everyone is freaking out just some

Parental right? lol

Exactly what I was thinking. I have the same restrictions on my own kids. Unless doing school work...but there had best be no msn messenger or yahoo messenger up. hahahaha

I figure everyone has different things in their life to deal with. To me, 30 min a day on the computer is a death sentance, but I am a game artist and going to school online, therefore the computer is an essential tool. If this was not the case I could see limiting the time on the computer. I compare it to limiting time watching tv or other leisure activities. if MormonGirl02 is anything like me, limiting time wasting is probably good for re-directing focus.

Keep it up MormonGirl02 :lol: