Political Correctness???

Lost_one

Although i respect everyones beliefs and have no desire to hate anyone, regardless of race, colour or sexuality, i do believe that PC has gone to far and has made life for most people, very difficult. I try to be sensitive to the feelings of others, but i do feel that people, if given the chance, will take offence at the slightest thing.

Your thoughts please.

Although i respect everyones beliefs and have no desire to hate anyone, regardless of race, colour or sexuality, i do believe that PC has gone to far and has made life for most people, very difficult. I try to be sensitive to the feelings of others, but i do feel that people, if given the chance, will take offence at the slightest thing.

Your thoughts please.

Is that really a way to speak about our good friend Prison Chaplain?!! (heehee ;))

But yes, I agree completely! Political correctness has gone completely haywire in Britain as well...

There was a day where we could happily sing "Bah bah black sheep..."

Now certain nurseries are teaching the kids to sing 'Bah bah rainbow sheep..." - More like "BLAH BLAH WHAT A JOKE!"

I am one of those people who don't take offence really and I don't hold a grudge... So I just think this whole PC thing is silly.

I think political correctness brings out the greedy people who will find any little excuse to sue over any PC offence to make a buck or two...

BLEGH! is all I have to say about that!

(Of course I realise that there is the other side to political correctness, which helps the vulnerable who could be taken advantage of and harassed if these 'rules' weren't in place... )

Your thoughts please.

When I first read this I was all sorts of aghast thinking the PC you were referring to was our own dear Prison Chaplain...then realized it was political correctedness that you were referring to!! Thank goodness! I would've hated to have to punch you in the face. :lol:

We went to The Festival of Trees (Christmas trees) where my niece's class was singing songs, but they sang, "We Wish you a Swingin' Holiday and a Happy New Year". It was a Christmas concert! It sounded like the kids weren't allowed to sing actual Christmas songs at school, which is just silly.

When I was in Kindergarten, we were told to sit "Indian Style", but now kids sit "criss cross applesauce" instead. I can see why people would object to "Indian Style", but I just can't bring myself to tell kids to sit criss cross applesauce.

Anyone see the Seinfeld where he keeps saying offensive things around his Native American girlfriend and he asks the mailman if he knows where the Chinese restaurant is? The guy starts yelling at him, "OHHHHHHHH YOU THINK I KNOW WHERE IT IS BECAUSE I'M CHINESE??? WELL, AMERICAN JOE, WHICH WAY TO HAMBURGER HOTDOG STAND?" :lol:

hahahaha morningstar! yes! i remember!

I also remember the day when i started realizing how offensive some of the terms I'd grown up saying were... I was shocked and immediately changed my way of speaking!

But I do tend to agree with the OP in that pretty much anyone will get offended by anything anybody says...so feel free to sit indian style and let your PC or un PC flag fly!

We went to The Festival of Trees (Christmas trees) where my niece's class was singing songs, but they sang, "We Wish you a Swingin' Holiday and a Happy New Year". It was a Christmas concert! It sounded like the kids weren't allowed to sing actual Christmas songs at school, which is just silly.

When I was in Kindergarten, we were told to sit "Indian Style", but now kids sit "criss cross applesauce" instead. I can see why people would object to "Indian Style", but I just can't bring myself to tell kids to sit criss cross applesauce.

Ive never known applesauce to sit criss cross. Maybe i just hav'nt sat with the right applesauce. I wouldnt want to offend any applesauce that does actually sit criss cross. Yikes.

Ive never known applesauce to sit criss cross. Maybe i just hav'nt sat with the right applesauce. I wouldnt want to offend any applesauce that does actually sit criss cross. Yikes.

Yeah, I hear most fruits don't like their names to be associated with human activities because we eat them. It's not very sensitive of us.

I suppose it is easy to eschew political correctness until it is your ox being gored.

Can we not imagine at least one religious minority for whom we are glad when people of good conscious rush to their defense when they are being bad mouthed?

I agree that we should always defend those that are being persecuted, our own church being one of them. But not if it goes to far.

I feel that some groups almost look to be offended, just so they can cry about it. Thats the ones i have a problem with.

LOL....Oh, that episode was priceless. Yes, I get stares that if they could kill I would be cadaver by now when I talk about PC and my low tolerance for it.

I have learned to assess ALL issues and consider them carefully before I speak. I organize my thoughts and I state the facts as demonstrated by the evidence. Opinions I usually keep to my self. But if you haven't seen me or know any thing about me and my family, you may not like very much what I have to say. I am obviously not politically correct and I find the attempt of some to force such on me quite upsetting.

Oh, and guess what? Once they see me in person they say things like "you of ALL people should not be saying stuff like that"....that is when I break out my loud and irreverent island-style laughter.

Bunch of moronic, sidewalk-cafe intellectuals. They live in a sanitized glass jar and they think they understand the universe. I laugh at them lot. My wife is beginning to suspect I may be using "something." I tell her if I don't I would have lost a my mind long time ago. She is not at all convinced.

Edited by Islander

LOL....Oh that episode was priceless. Yes, I get stares that if they could kill I would be cadaver by now.

I have learned to assess ALL issues and consider them carefully before I speak. I organize my thoughts and I state the facts. Opinions I usually keep to my self. But if you haven't seen me or know any thng about me and my family you may not like very much what I have to say. I am not politically correct and I find the attempt of some to force such on me quite upsetting.

Oh, and guess what? Once they see me they say things like "you of ALL people should not be saying stuff like that"....that is when I break out my loud and irreverent island-style laughter.

Bunch of moronic, sidewalk-cafe intellectuals. They live in a sanitized glass jar and they think they understand the universe.

Bwahahahah! LOVE IT! :lol:

Sometimes being politically incorrect can be hurtful. But on the balance, I see that the push for PC in every nook and craney of our lives only ends in making everyone easily offended! It is like it opens the door and teaches us to be offended when otherwise we might just blow it off.

What if we just lived by "correctness" alone? What if we, ourselves, chose to act correctly? Do not correct truth and principles come from a higher source? If so then "charity" comes to mind when we speak and address others. There would be no need for "political" correctness.

You are correct Skalen... I agree ^_^