Greetings from Iraq!

hadl

Hello everyone my name is Donnie and as you can tell I am in Iraq at the moment so that is fun. I thought I made an account here awhile ago but I guess I was wrong so I am here to pass the time away (what little free time I have) and fellowship so that I can take my mind off the things that are going on here. So that is about it I guess if you want to know more ask and I will be more than happy to answer it.

Hello everyone my name is Donnie and as you can tell I am in Iraq at the moment so that is fun. I thought I made an account here awhile ago but I guess I was wrong so I am here to pass the time away (what little free time I have) and fellowship so that I can take my mind off the things that are going on here. So that is about it I guess if you want to know more ask and I will be more than happy to answer it.

welcome to the site and thanks for coming here....most importantly a big thanks to you for what you are doing currently for us...:)

Hello and welcome to the site. As a 20 year retired United States Navy veteran I salute you for your valiant service and for all that you do to preserve the freedoms that we so dearly cherish in this great nation of ours. May God bless, sustain, and keep you.

Edited by KeithLBrown
Added to text

I keep telling my kids who the real heros in the world are..... and they don't shoot hoops or make touch downs!!

Thank you for all you do ...and for all you and your family sacrifice! I always want to start spontaneous parades when I see a serviceman. ---of course that would be rather embarrassing for everyone. :)

I have a question. I just feel like I don't know whether we are getting the right story over here from the media machine. Is it as bad as they say? Or is it getting better as certain Republicans explain? Or is it just a quagmire of ups and downs and no real gains in sight?

I keep telling my kids who the real heros in the world are..... and they don't shoot hoops or make touch downs!!

Thank you for all you do ...and for all you and your family sacrifice! I always want to start spontaneous parades when I see a serviceman. ---of course that would be rather embarrassing for everyone. :)

I have a question. I just feel like I don't know whether we are getting the right story over here from the media machine. Is it as bad as they say? Or is it getting better as certain Republicans explain? Or is it just a quagmire of ups and downs and no real gains in sight?

Good question and this is one I love to answer. It is getting alot better over here and we are helping so many people I think there are more Bush supporters here than in the states :confused:. I don't even watch the news anymore cause honestly it is just like a cluster of lies I saw something where a reporter who has been over here for like five years was trying to give her station the real storys and they wouldn't air it and instead was reporting on Paris Hilton (shows what the american people are thinking about),but she said the media is not even close to reporting the truth on what is going on in both war fronts. I think there is hope insight it just depends on the people here and what they choose to do with what we give them and some of them do a great job at it. I've talked to alot of people over here,been thanked by many,and played with more kids then if I worked at a day care center they seem to love us here and want our help.So yes the media has it wrong, yes it is bad but not as bad as you think, also it is getting alot better. I hope that answers your question.

Good question and this is one I love to answer. It is getting alot better over here and we are helping so many people I think there are more Bush supporters here than in the states :confused:. I don't even watch the news anymore cause honestly it is just like a cluster of lies I saw something where a reporter who has been over here for like five years was trying to give her station the real storys and they wouldn't air it and instead was reporting on Paris Hilton (shows what the american people are thinking about),but she said the media is not even close to reporting the truth on what is going on in both war fronts. I think there is hope insight it just depends on the people here and what they choose to do with what we give them and some of them do a great job at it. I've talked to alot of people over here,been thanked by many,and played with more kids then if I worked at a day care center they seem to love us here and want our help.So yes the media has it wrong, yes it is bad but not as bad as you think, also it is getting alot better. I hope that answers your question.

Thanks for this information. I really appreciate your honesty. In trying to decide who I will vote for in this election, I think it might help to know the truth about Iraq!!! :)

I hate it that the networks don't want to broadcast the truth. Greed and power! It gets really old!

Just one more question....Do you think our leaders messed it up early on or do you think these dynamics would have happened in spite of the best tactics?

Just one more question....Do you think our leaders messed it up early on or do you think these dynamics would have happened in spite of the best tactics?

Well the leaders did the best with what they had and the intel they was getting and don't be fooled either by the media claiming there was no WMDs just think about that. The "dynamics" would have been the same no matter what, these arn't regular army we are fighting against, they are "holy" fighters. They have been fighting this war since the time of Islam was Islam.These guys have fought crusaders,russians,us,etc I think they have fought with everyone and are pretty good at it they use tactics from every army since the begining of time and even some of ours and use what works. Which is why they seem effective cause they are flexiable and not controled by rules. They are trying to scare us out of here and take over the country to put it under Islam rule and build a "new" Islam empire and that is all they are doing just scare tactics heck most of the fighters are not even from here they are from other muslim countrys the ones they get from here they tell them "do this or I will kill your family in front of you" now don't think there isn't alot of Iraqi insurgents cause there is but just not the whole country. I think I got the basics of what I wanted to say in there I could go on for days on all of that but that should answer your question... I mean the dynamics would have been the same no matter what,and we also use tactics like they do as well such as IEDs-claymore,rockets,gernades,etc they just use it to scare people we use it for anti-personnel.That is just war and we are stuck in the same holy war that has been going on since forever. Hope that helps lol I feel like I was rambling:).

Well the leaders did the best with what they had and the intel they was getting and don't be fooled either by the media claiming there was no WMDs just think about that. The "dynamics" would have been the same no matter what, these arn't regular army we are fighting against, they are "holy" fighters. They have been fighting this war since the time of Islam was Islam.These guys have fought crusaders,russians,us,etc I think they have fought with everyone and are pretty good at it they use tactics from every army since the begining of time and even some of ours and use what works. Which is why they seem effective cause they are flexiable and not controled by rules. They are trying to scare us out of here and take over the country to put it under Islam rule and build a "new" Islam empire and that is all they are doing just scare tactics heck most of the fighters are not even from here they are from other muslim countrys the ones they get from here they tell them "do this or I will kill your family in front of you" now don't think there isn't alot of Iraqi insurgents cause there is but just not the whole country. I think I got the basics of what I wanted to say in there I could go on for days on all of that but that should answer your question... I mean the dynamics would have been the same no matter what,and we also use tactics like they do as well such as IEDs-claymore,rockets,gernades,etc they just use it to scare people we use it for anti-personnel.That is just war and we are stuck in the same holy war that has been going on since forever. Hope that helps lol I feel like I was rambling:).

As far as I am concerned you could ramble on and on and I would enjoy whatever you had to say.

Thank you for the uncluttered view of what is really going on. Seriously, I watch the news programs and at the end of all of it, I am not sure what to think about it. I supported Bush going to Iraq in the first place, but I think I assumed it would be as easy as the first war over there. I was glad to see Sadam removed from power, but so saddened to hear that there is such fighting over this land. But understanding the ancient history puts it all into perspective. All I hear is how much everyone hates America and how awful our foreign policy is. Sometimes I feel compassionate for the leaders. I mean who could have fore seen 9/11 and all the fall out. Then again maybe they should have seen it coming. But then I get so angry with congress and well, all of them in Washington as they fight amongst one another and seem to confuse everything for you guys on the ground.

It is rare that we hear about the good parts of this effort. I have seen a few reports of grateful Iraqi's. And as always we support the troops 100%.

Just one more question, and I promise I will let you alone. :) Do you think that we should stay the course in Iraq or do you think we should get out and let the Iraqi take on the responsibility for their own country?

I think if we pulled out of Iraq they wouldn't be able to run thier own country it would be taken over and nothing would ever get fixed and the people would just live in an awful dirty and uneducated country. I think we need to stay a little longer help build up the army and the government also the schools,economy,etc then leave it up to them. Something the american people fail to realize though is we are never going to 100% leave Iraq...look how long ago we was in Germany,Japan,Korea,etc and we still have bases in those countries.

I think if we pulled out of Iraq they wouldn't be able to run thier own country it would be taken over and nothing would ever get fixed and the people would just live in an awful dirty and uneducated country. I think we need to stay a little longer help build up the army and the government also the schools,economy,etc then leave it up to them. Something the american people fail to realize though is we are never going to 100% leave Iraq...look how long ago we was in Germany,Japan,Korea,etc and we still have bases in those countries.

That was my thoughts from the moment we went in. From a strategic standpoint, i makes more sense to have people there right now, but I have always thought the numbers eeded to be stronger, and not reduced

Guest Jacek

Hello everyone my name is Donnie and as you can tell I am in Iraq at the moment so that is fun. ...

Welcome Donnie.

My name is Jacek.

I’m from Poland.

I love you, Donnie.