What would you have done?

HskrVern

The past 2 months in my new shop (Navy AT) have been kinda rough on me. I am an Intermediate level guy (the middle tier of repair capability in the Navy) working in a hanger with the squadrons (the lowest tier of repair capability) naturally ther is some animosity between us and a lot of ribbing that goes on, but when it comes down to it we usually get along well. Now here is my problem: Parking is very tight and I have 4 reserved spaces that my shop completely fills, the squadron guys know this but still park there anyway and blow me off every time I tell them to move. Today this guy thinks that my sidewalk is now fair game to park in too! I did what comes natural to me and try to find him and get him to move his motorcycle, but I couldn't find him. Soooooo I called the MA's (base police) and see if they can rectify the situation, well they did, and in the process of doing so ticketed about 6 other bikes parked in a fire lane, oops! Would yall have called the police or just have let it slide? I didn't because of the crappy treatment I've been getting.

The past 2 months in my new shop (Navy AT) have been kinda rough on me. I am an Intermediate level guy (the middle tier of repair capability in the Navy) working in a hanger with the squadrons (the lowest tier of repair capability) naturally ther is some animosity between us and a lot of ribbing that goes on, but when it comes down to it we usually get along well. Now here is my problem: Parking is very tight and I have 4 reserved spaces that my shop completely fills, the squadron guys know this but still park there anyway and blow me off every time I tell them to move. Today this guy thinks that my sidewalk is now fair game to park in too! I did what comes natural to me and try to find him and get him to move his motorcycle, but I couldn't find him. Soooooo I called the MA's (base police) and see if they can rectify the situation, well they did, and in the process of doing so ticketed about 6 other bikes parked in a fire lane, oops! Would yall have called the police or just have let it slide? I didn't because of the crappy treatment I've been getting.

Are you in a squadron or at the AIMD level?

Guest GhostRider

I think that you did the right thing. You asked nicely...Went to find the guy. An to be honest. The ones that parked in a fire lane knew what they were doing was wrong and putting other people at risk. yes you read Right...At Risk. There are a reason for those things being there.

You took care of your guys that are in your squad first. I've been in the service. Alot of times the quadmates that you have turn into Brothers... As an Armor crewman I cant tell you how many times we had to do the same thing while at Ft Hood. Tankers and the Infantry just dont seem to get along. Nevr have and most likely never will...lol

Dont sweat it...ya did the right thing in my book!

You couldn't pull rank?

I used to be a supervisor of an AWP unit at AIMD Power Plants at NAS North Island. It's been awhile obviously as I didn't know the name had been changed. haha